ATI are junk, stay away!!!

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
My mate got this new Ati 9800 and the driver problems hes having, wow. But finally he got thaat sorted and the card
is not much better than a Ti4200 even with the dx9 games. Could have he got a bad card or are all Ati cards a bit slow on the performance side?

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

craqon

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
You are kidding, right?

My friend flung his FX5600 out of the window. Got 15000 in Aquamark. With his new 9600Pro he gets 27000+. Check drivers conflicts. My upgrade from GF3 to 9600Pro was a F-up. Only after a format it was flying. Really flying.

Bad card. Bad bad bad. Sit. Stay. Roll over.

__
At this rate we'll all be going to hell. But at least I have box seats.

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Hello troll.

My system spec: Fast PC<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
"It's not the spoon that bends, it's only yourself."

You know why. Cause your friend actually bought an R9000 and drew a line across the first zero. That kind of mod just won't bring the same kind of performance as the softmods and volt mods.

I seriously have to wonder about your mental state if you hang around with people unable to get either a real R9800 or know the difference between one and a GF4ti.

Find new mates!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
*FLUSH*

[duke nukem voice] AHHHHHHHH! Much better!!!!![/duke nukem voice]

*Sprays air freshener*

"640k ought to be enough for everyone." - <b><font color=red>BILL GATE$</b></font color=red>

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I'd put my 9500 Pro up against any FX card...I feel it would put up quite a bit of a fight against them and it would kick the crap out of some of them. I wouldn't base your opinion on only one experience with them. Sometimes other factors contribute...

----------
<b>It is always brave to say what everyone thinks. </b> <i>Georges Duhamel</i>

TKS

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
nah~ he wanted to suck nVidia's diick for money, but nVidia wont let him so he's here trying to make himself look good so nVidia will let him suck their diick

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
bring it fanATics~~ nVidia PWNS all!
SCREW aBOX! LONG LIVE nBOX!!

gossspel

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Man! What the heck? My cousin got a 9800pro and it was incredible, about at least 20 times faster than my gf2 mx 400. I think your friend just didn't install the driver right, or the setting of your 3dmark is set to be some shiit. Did you know that you made many people angry by calling Ati is a junk? You are stupid, man.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
he does this from time to time for kicks

hes probably some overwieght lonely greasy haired loser who just wants to know that his existance was awknowledged.

kinda pathetic if you gotta spam a message board to do this. but whatever, dont get worked up over him. ignoring usually works best

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
hes probably some overwieght lonely greasy haired loser who just wants to know that his existance was awknowledged.

who called me??????? lolz

Just kidding :D

120% nVidia Fanboy

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
I have a authentic XFX Ti 4200 Graphics card @ 128MB of Memory with the 8X AGP slot. When I first got it and installed it I knew I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows. Most people understand that the system would need to be reinstalled when adding or switching a hardware device as important as a graphics card.
Ok the first thing I noticed was with my XP ready 2500+ AMD CPU and new Ti 4200 graphics card was I could play games that I never could before.
I have used both the ATI Radeon cards and the Nvidia chip sets. Both are about as good as you are going to get no one else makes anything that's worth looking at for games.
The Radeon 9800 cards should really kick some holy Frames per second in most games including the new DX9 games.
I was getting good performance from my Ti 4200 graphics card with the AMD 2500+ CPU but I later installed a 2800+ CPU and can now see my games run flat out awesome. In fact I have never had a computer that runs games this well before. The real difference in performance leap for the games did not happen when I installed the new Geforce Ti4200 card the leap in performance in graphics speed and quality only occurred after I installed a faster CPU.
My nephew currently has a AMD XP ready 2500+ and the new FX 5200 graphics card and his system runs his games laggy. I know if I install a 2800+ cpu upgrade into his computer his games will run much better possibly perfect.
A intel 2.5 or 2.6c CPU from experience has the same problems with both the ATI cards or the Geforce Cards.
Graphics are not totally dependant on the quality of graphics card the CPU will have much to do with game performance.
If I took the current system I have now and installed a VOODOO4 AGP card I know the CPU would pull that card along nicely and most games developed before DX9 would run perfectly. I know the Voodoo manufacturer went out of business a few years ago now and Nvidia bought them out. It would be interesting to have seen how Voodoo would be doing now on today's time line.
I also have heard many posts from many people including my self that the new FX line of graphics cards are doing poorly in real world use by the average computer users. It is most important to remember that those cards are ELITE in design both the Nvidia and the latest for ATI cards.
If you are not using the latest CPU's available then you are not going to get the quality those cards can offer. You are going to have to purchase both a mother board that is high end and a CPU to get those cards to work they simply are not designed to function in older mother boards. Boards that are even a year 2 years old or less.

»§øЫÑighthåwk™ Don't get mad at the player get mad at the game. Hackers drool and Skill's rule.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
who called me??????? lolz

Just kidding :D

hahahaz...

dude, you were like certainly NOT fat in those pics you sent meh.. in fact you looked damn sexy in those speedo's. especially that one where you bent over and smile at the camera between your knees *mmmm thinks of balls pressed between buns*

goddamn joo.. making me horny. ima go pick you up now ok? make sure you bring that langerie i bought you too, wanna try it out ( you know, the one with the built in crotch hole)

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.............

how many times have i told u people! I AM NOT GAY!!!!!!!!
*looks around* anyone else straight here?

i'm scared.....

120% nVidia Fanboy

OLDSKOOL

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2002
My nephew currently has a AMD XP ready 2500+ and the new FX 5200 graphics card and his system runs his games laggy. I know if I install a 2800+ cpu upgrade into his computer his games will run much better possibly perfect.

Sorry have to disagree.
Uping the CPU will help but not as much as a new vid card.
A 9600XT or PRO would be the good upgrade for your nephew.

Just my 2 pence worth :)

Yeah, the FX5200 isn't going to be helped by even a 3Ghz CPU.

That card has reached the end of the line already, it won't see much change from a CPU upgrade. Those days are slowly drawing to a close. In order to run future games well you'll need a good CPU and a GOOD graphics card, and even then you may find that the graphics card is the biggest issue as the CPU will likely be better used in future games for things like AI and Maping.

Your two pence are worth about the same as my two frames worth.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

TRENDING THREADS