My editor button is greyed out

Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I have
Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I also have
FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show up. I'm running
Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?

--
Robbie
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

Change and/or Add an HTML Editor (Line 132)

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:c3C1e.5666$Ln.259149@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca,
Robbie <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> hunted and pecked:
> Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
> Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I
> have Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I
> also have FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show
> up. I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?
>
> --
> Robbie
> http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

Look for NoViewSource set to 1 in these two keys. If set to 1, change it to
0 (zero).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Restrictions

NoViewSource
0 = disable restriction
1 = enable restriction

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:c3C1e.5666$Ln.259149@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca,
Robbie <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> hunted and pecked:
> Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
> Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I
> have Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I
> also have FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show
> up. I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?
>
> --
> Robbie
> http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

Thanks for your suggestions, but they didn't work. However, I got it going
now.
I ran Adaware, SpyBot, RegMechanic...then windows disk cleaner...I think
it was the disk cleaner that did it. Probably a Temp. Internet File.
Thanks again for your response

--

"Robbie" <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
> Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I have
> Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I also have
> FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show up. I'm
> running Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?
>
> --
> Robbie
> http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

Robbie,

There are a bunch of things that can happen if your Temporary Internet Files
arte too full.

Keep 'em cleaned out. I use Disk Cleaner to do this automatically. Later
in the saga. ;-)

To delete *all* Temporary Internet Files...

1) Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK
Or right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop.
Or: Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options.
Best to do this with all instances of Internet Explorer closed. Especially
if there are a large number of files.
2) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
3) Check the box ? Delete all offline content {This cleans >> C:\Documents
and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files AND
C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5 and \Content.MSO (Created by an MS Office program)
4) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the
temporary internet files
5) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that
websites have placed on your hard drive.
-----

If you want, try this: Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab |
scroll down to the bottom | check: Empty Temporary Internet Files folder
when browser is closed | click Apply | OK. Entirely up to you, but if you
want to be rid of this, it is done automatically. Deletes the content of
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files but not the Content.IE5 or Content.MSO folders.

Also: Start IE | Tools | Internet Options | General tab | Days to keep
pages in history: 0 | Apply | OK.
-----

Here are a few problems that may be caused by Temporary Internet Files that
are too full....

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
The Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding
Error Message When You Open Photo: "The Page Cannot Be Displayed"
OL2000: Internet Free/Busy Information Not Updated
Money: Error Message: Money Is Unable to Verify Your Online Sign In
OLEXP: Sent Web Page Is the Cached Version of the Web Page Not the Most
Current Version of the Web Page
Outlook Express message appears blank and has an ATT000XX.txt or an
ATT000XX.htm attachment
-----

I have Disk Cleaner set to run quiet at startup. Runs for 10 seconds or so
and exits. I also like the fact that, after you set it up, it cleans all
the following with one click (and/or automatically at boot). Makes XP's
Disk Cleanup look like a piker. XP's Disk Cleanup will *not* clean
Content.IE5.

Disk Cleaner will Clean:
Temporary Internet Files {Including the contents of the Content.IE5 folder}
Internet Cookies
Internet History
System Temporary Folder
Recent Documents
Run... Dialog List
Find Document List
Find Computer List
URLs in IE Address Bar
URLs in Shell Address Bar
Media Player Recent URLs
WinZip Recent Files
WinZip Extract To Folders
Paint Recent Files
WordPad Recent Files
Cleans Recycle Bin (what else?)
Opera Cache
Opera Cookies
Opera History
Opera Visited links
Opera Download History and Download folder
Firefox Cache
Firefox Cookies
Firefox History

Disk Cleaner