My editor button is greyed out

Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I have
Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I also have
FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show up. I'm running
Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?

--
Robbie
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

    Change and/or Add an HTML Editor (Line 132)

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:c3C1e.5666$Ln.259149@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca,
    Robbie <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> hunted and pecked:
    > Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
    > Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I
    > have Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I
    > also have FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show
    > up. I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?
    >
    > --
    > Robbie
    > http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

    Look for NoViewSource set to 1 in these two keys. If set to 1, change it to
    0 (zero).

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions
    and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\Restrictions

    NoViewSource
    0 = disable restriction
    1 = enable restriction

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:c3C1e.5666$Ln.259149@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca,
    Robbie <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> hunted and pecked:
    > Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
    > Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I
    > have Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I
    > also have FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show
    > up. I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?
    >
    > --
    > Robbie
    > http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

    Thanks for your suggestions, but they didn't work. However, I got it going
    now.
    I ran Adaware, SpyBot, RegMechanic...then windows disk cleaner...I think
    it was the disk cleaner that did it. Probably a Temp. Internet File.
    Thanks again for your response

    --

    "Robbie" <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
    > Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
    > Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I have
    > Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I also have
    > FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would show up. I'm
    > running Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?
    >
    > --
    > Robbie
    > http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

    Robbie,

    There are a bunch of things that can happen if your Temporary Internet Files
    arte too full.

    Keep 'em cleaned out. I use Disk Cleaner to do this automatically. Later
    in the saga. ;-)

    To delete *all* Temporary Internet Files...

    1) Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK
    Or right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop.
    Or: Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options.
    Best to do this with all instances of Internet Explorer closed. Especially
    if there are a large number of files.
    2) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
    3) Check the box ? Delete all offline content {This cleans >> C:\Documents
    and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files AND
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5 and \Content.MSO (Created by an MS Office program)
    4) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the
    temporary internet files
    5) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that
    websites have placed on your hard drive.
    -----

    If you want, try this: Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab |
    scroll down to the bottom | check: Empty Temporary Internet Files folder
    when browser is closed | click Apply | OK. Entirely up to you, but if you
    want to be rid of this, it is done automatically. Deletes the content of
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files but not the Content.IE5 or Content.MSO folders.

    Also: Start IE | Tools | Internet Options | General tab | Days to keep
    pages in history: 0 | Apply | OK.
    -----

    Here are a few problems that may be caused by Temporary Internet Files that
    are too full....

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    The Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding
    Error Message When You Open Photo: "The Page Cannot Be Displayed"
    OL2000: Internet Free/Busy Information Not Updated
    Money: Error Message: Money Is Unable to Verify Your Online Sign In
    OLEXP: Sent Web Page Is the Cached Version of the Web Page Not the Most
    Current Version of the Web Page
    Outlook Express message appears blank and has an ATT000XX.txt or an
    ATT000XX.htm attachment
    -----

    I have Disk Cleaner set to run quiet at startup. Runs for 10 seconds or so
    and exits. I also like the fact that, after you set it up, it cleans all
    the following with one click (and/or automatically at boot). Makes XP's
    Disk Cleanup look like a piker. XP's Disk Cleanup will *not* clean
    Content.IE5.

    Disk Cleaner will Clean:
    Temporary Internet Files {Including the contents of the Content.IE5 folder}
    Internet Cookies
    Internet History
    System Temporary Folder
    Recent Documents
    Run... Dialog List
    Find Document List
    Find Computer List
    URLs in IE Address Bar
    URLs in Shell Address Bar
    Media Player Recent URLs
    WinZip Recent Files
    WinZip Extract To Folders
    Paint Recent Files
    WordPad Recent Files
    Cleans Recycle Bin (what else?)
    Opera Cache
    Opera Cookies
    Opera History
    Opera Visited links
    Opera Download History and Download folder
    Firefox Cache
    Firefox Cookies
    Firefox History

    Disk Cleaner
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:5J12e.6406$Ln.295008@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca,
    Robbie <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks for your suggestions, but they didn't work. However, I got it
    > going now.
    > I ran Adaware, SpyBot, RegMechanic...then windows disk
    > cleaner...I think it was the disk cleaner that did it. Probably a
    > Temp. Internet File. Thanks again for your response
    >
    > --
    > Robbie
    > http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm
    >
    > "Robbie" <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
    >> Not only is my Editor (html) button greyed out...going to Internet
    >> Options/Programs only shows me Notepad (which won't work either). I
    >> have Microsoft Office XP installed and I use WORD for my editor...I
    >> also have FrontPage installed so you'd think at least THAT would
    >> show up. I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2...Any clues?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Robbie
    >> http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

Windows XP