Windows Boots to desktop and hangs

Hi,

I have two things I can't solve and I am not sure if they are related.
First when I start my PC I am asked to choose an operating system (Windows
2000 or Windows XP Pro). I upgraded to XP, when I installed windows 2000 I
must not have been paying attention and hit the button when prompted to hit
any key to boot from the CD. Since that point on I have always been asked
to choose an operating system. Could someone help me those choices?

Second on a random basis my PC will boot and when it gets to the desktop it
hangs. The mouse does not respond, Ctrl + Alt + Delete does not respond,
hard drive light stops flickering, I am at a loss does any one have a
suggestion?

Thanks
Kevin

I go the dual OS problem solved. It seems to hang I think when it gets to
the point to start ms messenger. Hope that helps.

Kevin