How do I know my TE2 is charging?

August 2, 2005 8:33:15 AM

Hi

how do I know my TE2 is infact charging? I just recieved it and I
plugged the charger and the USB just like the manual but I dont se any
flashing light or charging icon, is this normal? or is mt TE2 not
charging?

p.s TE2 Tungsten E2

More about : te2 charging

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:23:54 PM

In your main window (tap the home icon to left of writing area) you will see
the logo of a battery which shows battery condition. When plugged into AC
adapter, you should see a sort of lightening bold thru the battery. When
plugged into USB only (assuming other end is into computer and on) you see
no change, but it is charging slowly.

<siyamak@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> how do I know my TE2 is infact charging? I just recieved it and I
> plugged the charger and the USB just like the manual but I dont se any
> flashing light or charging icon, is this normal? or is mt TE2 not
> charging?
>
> p.s TE2 Tungsten E2

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:50:43 AM

thnx :)
August 3, 2005 8:56:40 PM

"Cindy" <CA@nospam.com> writes:

> In your main window (tap the home icon to left of writing area) you will see
> the logo of a battery which shows battery condition. When plugged into AC
> adapter, you should see a sort of lightening bold thru the battery. When
> plugged into USB only (assuming other end is into computer and on) you see
> no change, but it is charging slowly.

Reading this makes me ask myself if a slow charge is better for the Palm
batteries life. With some batteries, the slower the better. Does
anyone know if this is true in this particular case?

--
Olivier Beyssac - ob@r14.freenix.org
Anonymous

Olivier Beyssac <ob@r14.freenix.org> wrote:

>"Cindy" <CA@nospam.com> writes:
>
>> In your main window (tap the home icon to left of writing area) you will see
>> the logo of a battery which shows battery condition. When plugged into AC
>> adapter, you should see a sort of lightening bold thru the battery. When
>> plugged into USB only (assuming other end is into computer and on) you see
>> no change, but it is charging slowly.
>
>Reading this makes me ask myself if a slow charge is better for the Palm
>batteries life. With some batteries, the slower the better. Does
>anyone know if this is true in this particular case?

Use whichever charge situation works for you. The internal charging circuitry
keeps the battery happy. I just leave the charger on overnight every night as a
habit. That gets me through the next day no matter how much I play... ;)
August 4, 2005 11:52:07 AM

The m100 uses standard AAAs, doesn't it?

- PG
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 2:54:26 PM

AaronJ <noemail@noemail.com> writes:

> Use whichever charge situation works for you. The internal charging circuitry
> keeps the battery happy. I just leave the charger on overnight every night as a
> habit. That gets me through the next day no matter how much I play... ;)

In the past, I damaged a m100 battery by simply using an "unofficial"
charger. I did not know that there is now an internal circuitry to
prevent this, thanks.

--
Olivier Beyssac - ob@r14.freenix.org
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:41:21 PM

Olivier Beyssac <ob@r14.freenix.org> wrote:

>In the past, I damaged a m100 battery by simply using an "unofficial"
>charger.

Course the m100 didn't need a charger, but using an "unofficial charger" on any
PDA can (but not always) damage not only the battery, but the PDA as well.
However with that gosh-awful unique charging jack on the TE2 I imagine it's
probably hard to find a 'wrong charger' for it... ;)

> I did not know that there is now an internal circuitry to prevent this, thanks.

I've experimented with my TE (1) and found it's internal circuitry protected
against both overvoltage and wrong polarity, so yes modern PDA's do have such
protection. Also it knows how much and how long to charge the battery to keep it
healthy. However one thing that is bad for LI batteries is complete (dead)
discharge. So even though your TE2 will keep it's memory if you allow your
battery to die, it's still not a good idea to do it.
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 9:05:22 PM

"PaddyG" <disposable1@psae.f2s.com> writes:

> The m100 uses standard AAAs, doesn't it?

So it was not a m100. I can't remember which model it was exactly but I
know that it was a low-price color Palm and I'm sure it did have a
battery :)

--
Olivier Beyssac - ob@r14.freenix.org
!