Desktop shut off while asleep and beeped

G

I just recently received my new Dell desktop computer less than a week ago and had finally had the opportunity to begin setting it up yesterday. I've only installed minimal things since initial setup (Firefox and Skype begin the main two). Last evening I left the computer on while I went to the movies with some friends. Returned around 2AM and the computer was fine and I used the internet/Firefox as a typical user would for an hour. Then from 3:30-4:30AM I talked with my girlfriend on Skype. All with no issues in any way. I went to bed at 4:30 and left the computer on with just the desktop on screen. Upon waking at 7AM, I found the computer to be beeping once every 2-3 seconds with the power button flashing orange and it sounded like it may still be on. Pressing and/or holding the power button did nothing and I had to unplug the computer before being able to start it back up. I then restarted it and it started up fine with the only issue being the Windows System Error dialog that popped up.

I've Google'd this problem since I encountered this problem and cannot figure out what happened or what could be wrong. Figured someone here may be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.