Solved

Laptop for Autocad

My friend needs a laptop that's good for Autocad, I don't it's relevant to take note of the budget since it might be priced differently there, we're in the Philippines and his budget is 28000 PHP = 656 USD. The real question is, are specs like these good enough?

i3 2350m
2GB RAM
GT610m 2GB

I don't have any flipping idea about Autocad like I do with PC games thus I'm completely noob with choosing a laptop for that alone, thus I'm posting here
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop autocad
  1. Best answer
    Hello wilem_WAR246810;

Those specs are pretty decent for 28000 PHP = 656 USD. Except for the amount of RAM.

--> That laptop meets or exceeds all AutoCad system requirements, except the RAM, which is an easy fix.

Which make/model is that?
    You should be able to add 4GB of RAM for ~$25 to get to a total of 6GB.

AutoCad system requirements: http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/system-requirements/
    The most demanding requirement is the one for 3D modeling.
    It's 4GB RAM requirement is the only one that model doesn't meet.
  2. wilem_WAR246810 said:
    I don't have any flipping idea about Autocad like I do with PC games thus I'm completely noob with choosing a laptop for that alone, thus I'm posting here
    While you didn't mention PC games those specs aren't too terrible for light duty gaming when it's time to relax.

NVIDIA GeForce 610M review
  3. nice, I think we'll go with it and proceed to judge others based on benchmark comparisons
  4. Best answer selected by wilem_WAR246810.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops CAD