Monitor Trouble

Grifter

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I have a 19" monitor in a Ashura blaster cabinet

Currently the monitor is blue in one corner, purple in another corner,
red in the next and yellowish in the last corner.

The center has perfect color.

I tried Degausing the monitor with a home made coil (usually works for
this kind of thing) 4 times now and the problem gets a little better
but still very noticable. I use the coil by starting in the middle of
the screen making small circles and slowly move back making my circles
larger and larger.

Could this problem be caused by something else?
I have never played with the magnets on the back of the tube, could
this be the problem?

Thanks
- Todd

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Try unpluging the auto degause wires to the board. The circuit might be
staying on.

Check for anything magnetic near the monitor.
Also check and make sure your yoke wires have not shifted around.

You should not have to play with magnets on the back of the tube.They
are usually for convergence not color blobs.

Also move the coil around the entier tube. Stay in a circular motion
until you get back from the tube then turn the degauser off.

J & R

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I don't have an auto degauss wire on this monitor. Would it be a
benefit to remove one from an older broken tube?

J & R wrote:
> Try unpluging the auto degause wires to the board. The circuit might
be
> staying on.
>
> Check for anything magnetic near the monitor.
> Also check and make sure your yoke wires have not shifted around.
>
> You should not have to play with magnets on the back of the tube.They
> are usually for convergence not color blobs.
>

> Also move the coil around the entier tube. Stay in a circular motion
> until you get back from the tube then turn the degauser off.
>
> J & R

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Is there a plug for a auto degause? It might make the difference you
need.
Give it a try.

J & R