Removing traces of old programs

Gene

Hi,
I am a relatively new to windows XP (I used to have Windows ME)

Now, my question is:
When I open up the "Add/Remove Programs" option in the control panel, I get
a whole bunch of programs in the list, programs that I had removed many years
ago
(Things like Myst 1, Indiana Jones, etc...).
When I click to remove them, it says that either it can't do it, or removes
the program from the list, but when I turn the list back on, the program
names are there again!

Does anyone know how to remove them?

Thanks,
Gene

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314481

Lots of info on Add or Remove Programs here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:FE2874F6-DA12-44B9-85BA-8A25E325C61D@microsoft.com,
Gene <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
> I am a relatively new to windows XP (I used to have Windows ME)
>
> Now, my question is:
> When I open up the "Add/Remove Programs" option in the control panel,
> I get a whole bunch of programs in the list, programs that I had
> removed many years ago
> (Things like Myst 1, Indiana Jones, etc...).
> When I click to remove them, it says that either it can't do it, or
> removes the program from the list, but when I turn the list back on,
> the program names are there again!
>
> Does anyone know how to remove them?
>
> Thanks,
> Gene