desktop icon disappeared

My desktop cd-rom shortcut icon, which is always on my desktop, has suddenly
disappeared for no known reason. Can anyone tell me how to restore it?
Thanks. (WinXPHome, SP2)

Mike

Splendid

Click on start then all programs find the item, right click, and click send
shortcut to desktop..

philwil wrote:
> *My desktop cd-rom shortcut icon, which is always on my desktop, has
> suddenly
> disappeared for no known reason. Can anyone tell me how to restore
> it?
> Thanks. (WinXPHome, SP2) *

Right click the desktop, go to arrange icons by, chose autoarrange. See
if the icon is now on your desktop. If not try the following:
To make a shortcut to drives, have a CD with something on it in the
drive. An empty CD will not work. Open My computer, then Right click
the drive and hold down the button, then drag it to the desktop,
release the button and click Create shortcuts here. Remove the CD and
you should be good to go.

--
wahlroot

Hi,

Click "start", then "my computer", then "right click" on your cd-rom
icon and you should see an option that says: create shortcut. Click
that and it will put your shortcut back on your desktop for you. :)

--
skyblueandblack

That's better! Many thanks, dudes.