How to create system recovery disk windows 7 in acer notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxyfox31

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I have 2 acer aspire laptops and 1 of them seems to have a virus that makes the computer beep long beeps then go to windows boot manager. I've attempted to resolve the matter with some solutions from the internet however, the virus must have locked up my keys. They haven't been responding to move forward or for me to stop windows boot manager before it pops up. My next solutions which I hope will work is to use the other computer and create a recovery disk then pop it in the computer with the problem. I'm not sure I'm proceeding proper but, can you please give me instructions on how to create the recovery disk. However, if you think that it will not work please let me know as the keys are not responding. thanks in advance for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

James McKeane

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Between the beeping, the boot manager, and the unresponsive keyboard, it seems that you may have a malfunctioning keyboard (this has happened to me with several computers). This may be caused by a stuck keep or some other type of defect. Other problems that might cause this include usb drives that need to be removed before or at start up (preferably before).

Hello roxyfox31;

Those long beeps are 'diagnostic codes' to help you identify a problem with the laptop - probably the laptop hardware.

What is the pattern of the beeps? Number and duration?
What is the model of laptop with the problem?

roxyfox31

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012

Thanks for replying back to so soon. I am sorry but, though you are giving me assistance in resolving my issue I am still not sure if I would like to give you my acer's model number. By the way, What will tht do in resolving my issue? If there is a good reasoning then I might go ahead and give that to you. As for the patterns of the beeps, that's sometimes a litte different. There are times when it would only go beeep then go straight to indows boot manager. Then at other timess it would make 13 looong beeps then go to indos boot manager. If these information will help you help me now you have it except of course the model number. Again I do appreciate your time and do apologize for not sending my model number right aay. Please contact me back asap.

That is normal behavior and a good thing. 1 beep = Power On Self Test completed normally.

So a single long beep - but repeated 13 times?

Or two long beeps - pause - two long beeps, etc?

roxyfox31

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012

Thanks for respondin g to my complaint. However, how will I get a ne key board? Or how will i remove my USB drive without affecting other things that might utilize the drive? Pleease get back with me as soon as possible ith a reply. I am eager to get this matter resolved if possible. My acer laptops are just 6 months old. I purchased them brand new at Office max. I am on a PTO board at several school and utilize my computer a lot. Therefore, I need to get the matter rectify. Onvce again the keys are not responding for me to resolve the windows boot manager issue. I also just encountered another problem this morning with my other laptop that's working. I just recently (6hrs ago) used my dvd/cd burner/player to try and back up my drivers and the unit as functiong fine. I had to cancel the job however, because it was going to take 60 disc to complete the task and I didn't have that many. No this morning (30 minutes to be precise) I recieved a notification regartding baking up my factory default. I tried inserting a disc in before prompted and the disc compartmengt keeps ejecting on its own. Then I waited for the prompt to insert the disc and the compartment still keeps ejecting. Can you pleeease explain why this is happening? Thanks in advance for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.