weeder

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003
can anyone help with my problem? i just purchased a xfg geforce5900 128meg card,i installed exactly as instucted(not the first card by a long shot).i get the post screen and can enter bios,but it locks up right before logon screen for xp.ive tried everything i can think of, ive been to my mobos site and cant find any help there. i emailed tech support at xfg two days ago and they have yet to reply.i have tried using a seperate power connector. i got desperate last night and reformated with no luck.i would really appreciate any thought or suggestions thx in advance. here are my specs
motherboard-aopen nforce2 ak79gmax (onboard geforce4mx)
ram-512megs kingston pc2700
power supply-raidmax 350w
graffic card-xfx gf fx5900 128megs (pvt35knaf7)
operating sys-win xp pro

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It could be overpowering your 12v rail, on your power supply.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Rabbitrunner51

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
I just entered the discussion board on this site and wrote about my own FX5900. Mine had no problems other than I inadvertantly forgot to connect the power connector up and received a need for more power ectt..It could be just what the other gentleman said about lack of enough power vs. all you have connected and even a slower end processor than what it requires.This card was made for thew higher end boards and processors, probably at least a 2.2GHZ or 2.4 and above. I am no expert,but sure learn alot from all of you fellow computer nerds alike. Good Luck!

weeder

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003
well i finally got the card working. it was a combination of my motherboard drivers needing updated and motherboard needing flashed. now that its working im really happy with the purchase. this card is very sweet.

MilamberPOL

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
I am having a littl trouble with my BFG Asylum FX 5900. System

AMD XP 2800+
Asus A7N8X Delux MB (Rev 2.0) Bios c1006
BFG Asylum Geforce 5900
1 GB Samsung 3200 DDR
Seagate 120 GB SATA HDD

When Windows 2000 first loads the screen flickers as the sound plays. I have tried the newest Forceware drivers for both the video card and motherboard from nvidia. I even tried an older version of the video drivers that supposedly fixed the flicker issue without success.

Is it possible the video card is not getting the right voltage? So when the sound plays the card struggles...

I guess I should add I have a new enermax 350 W power supply.

Mil

--C