screen goes blank, computer reboots

my monitor suddenly goes blank, then my computer mysteriously reboots after
being used for sometime (say, about 15-30 minutes maximum). Can you help me
on this because this is also the problem at times when i startup my computer
and my computer mysteriously reboots after the windows xp logo screen shows?

thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about screen blank computer reboots

    Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
    and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "otj" <otj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05BBF377-4873-4C57-A92B-1753EB60DE9D@microsoft.com...
    > my monitor suddenly goes blank, then my computer mysteriously reboots after
    > being used for sometime (say, about 15-30 minutes maximum). Can you help me
    > on this because this is also the problem at times when i startup my computer
    > and my computer mysteriously reboots after the windows xp logo screen shows?
    >
    > thanks.

Support Computers Microsoft Monitors Windows XP