[FM2005] All English Side Version2

Have decided to take a break from my AGCM game (If I play more I'll have
even more screens to post).
So have decided to revise an earlier idea from CM03/04 : This time only
using players with first nationality english, and see how succesful I can be
and how many caps we can get.

Decided to take over Tottenham Hotspur, they have a core of english men:

The backbone of the team will is already there:

GK: Paul Robinson
RB: ????
LB: Michael Murray (Me - It's hard enough finding english left-backs)
CB: A. Gardner / C. Davenport
CB: L. King
RM: ???
DMC: Sean Davis
MC: Jamie Redknapp/ M. Carrick
LM: Jonnie Jackson
SC: ???
SC: J. Defoe

New signings:
Phil Jagielka from Sheff Utd for £2.5m
Teddy Sheringham from West Ham for £26K
Nathan Ellington from Wigan for £2.4m
Matt Jansen from Blackburn for £2.5m
Aaron Lennon from Leeds for £250K
Paul Smith from Southampton for £210K
John Welsh from Liverpool for £3.3m
Mark Noble from West Ham in exchange for Noe Pamarot.
Stuart Giddings from Coventry for £2.5m
Craig Gallacher from Everton on Loan.

So with the board wanting mid-table position, the media gave us odds of
200-1 on winning the premiership and reckon we will be relegated.

Current team:

GK: Robinson / Smith / Gallacher
RB: Jagielka / Ifill[Youngster]
CD: King / Richards
CD: Gardner / Davenport
LB: Murray / Giddings
RM: Lennon / (Welsh) / (Ricketts)
DCM: Davis / Welsh
CM: Redknapp / Carrick
LM: Jackson / Brown / Ricketts
SC: Defoe / Ellington
SC: Jansen / Sheringham

Can anyone recommend any english man who would be likley to come to Spurs
for under £5m, mainly need a striker, right winger or right back.
Chropa and Eagles have already turned me down.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of the following players on FM2005:

Luke Young D/DMR Charlton
Billy Jones D/DMRLC Crewe
Jermaine Wright MRLC Leeds (Was good on CM01/02)
James Morrison AMRC Mboro
Conal Platt FC Lpool

International Stats:
Full Caps: Sheringham, Redknapp, King, Robinson, Defoe, Carrick, and Gardner
(! When?)
U21: Welsh, Jagielka, Davis, Richards, Jansen and Brown.
Current Full Squad: Me, Defoe and Robinson
U21: Davenport and Ricketts
U19: None.

What ever happened to the new thing they added into the beta demo where your
fans would respond to you signing good youngsters, the only time I've seen
it happen was in the Beta when the computer signed Welsh, Jagielka and
Dawson, not seen it since the Beta, did they remove it?

--
Michael Murray

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:23:33 -0000, "Michael Murray"
<NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> tried to confuse everyone with

>What ever happened to the new thing they added into the beta demo where your
>fans would respond to you signing good youngsters, the only time I've seen
>it happen was in the Beta when the computer signed Welsh, Jagielka and
>Dawson, not seen it since the Beta, did they remove it?

I've definitely seen it when I bought T.J. The-Longest-Lastname-Ever. It
said he may be not good enough for the 1st team squad, but the kids are
already buying the shirts with his name (that's ridiculous - his name
won't fit on a shirt).

--
|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru http://grue3.tripod.com |
| k || PWNZ J00 || KoL:Grue3 NationStates:Holypunkeye |
`-----'`-------------'`-------------------------------------------[4*72]

Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:23:33 -0000, "Michael Murray"
> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> tried to confuse everyone with
>

>> What ever happened to the new thing they added into the beta demo
>> where your fans would respond to you signing good youngsters, the
>> only time I've seen it happen was in the Beta when the computer
>> signed Welsh, Jagielka and Dawson, not seen it since the Beta, did
>> they remove it?
>>

> I've definitely seen it when I bought T.J. The-Longest-Lastname-Ever.
> It said he may be not good enough for the 1st team squad, but the
> kids are already buying the shirts with his name (that's ridiculous -
> his name won't fit on a shirt).

Imagine the money your making off people putting his name on their shirts
:)

--
Michael Murray

In message id <3309o8F3s2i4sU1@individual.net> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004
16:23:33 -0000, Michael Murray wrote in alt.games.champ-man :

>Anyone have any experience or knowledge of the following players on FM2005:
>
>Luke Young D/DMR Charlton
Left Spurs to go to Charlton. "Might" not want to come back.

>International Stats:
>Full Caps: Sheringham, Redknapp, King, Robinson, Defoe, Carrick, and Gardner
>(! When?)

Gardner played in a friendly last season. Think he might actually have
had more than one cap. Was a contender for the Euro 2004 squad.
Eventually didn't make the cut.

Michael Murray wrote:

> Timofei Shatrov wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:23:33 -0000, "Michael Murray"
>><NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> tried to confuse everyone with
>>

>>>What ever happened to the new thing they added into the beta demo
>>>where your fans would respond to you signing good youngsters, the
>>>only time I've seen it happen was in the Beta when the computer
>>>signed Welsh, Jagielka and Dawson, not seen it since the Beta, did
>>>they remove it?
>>>

>>I've definitely seen it when I bought T.J. The-Longest-Lastname-Ever.
>>It said he may be not good enough for the 1st team squad, but the
>>kids are already buying the shirts with his name (that's ridiculous -
>>his name won't fit on a shirt).
>

> Imagine the money your making off people putting his name on their shirts
> :)

How`s your team doing????

> Manager wise
> I have been Spurs manager for 364 days
> Won 2 awards.
> Won 1 cup.
> Bought 19 players, sold 27, spent £35M brought in £30.5M.
>
> Played 47 games W:27 D:14 L:6 F:91 A:50
> Hall of fame points : 18 (The FA Cup only counts as a minor trophy :-( )

nice season, gl on the second

--
The Brazilian Man

Just Finished my second season in charge of my All-English Tottenham game.

The season didn't start off well, after a good pre-season things went
pear-shaped rather quickly, Jonathan Greening got himself injured before the
Community shield that saw him miss the first 2 months of the season, leaving
Araon Lennon as my right-winger (Morrison had been loaned to QPR and I
couldn't recall him).
The Community Shield was a diaster Paul Smith got himself injured in the
first minute and missed the next month due to injury, misery was further
compounded by neither Robinson or Camp being in form, we lost the Community
Shield 2-0 (Lampard deflection and Gudjohenson Penalty) Cech got a 10
rating.

More bad news followed drawn against Anderlecht in the Champions League 3rd
Qual. Round saw us lose 1-0 away with Peersman(GK) (who has now been
released on a free!) and Kompany both getting 10 ratings.

To round up a bad week saw us playing Liverpool away on the first day of the
season, Lee Camp was given his debut and promptly saw us 2-0 after 10mins, a
sprited comeback saw us only lose 3-2, with surprise surprise Kirkland
winning man of the match (though only with an 8 rating this time). Our first
victory of the season came against Birimingham next 2-0, was hoped to
inspire some confidence in my team for the UCL game against Anderlacht, it
took a whole 37secs for us to go behind :-(, ended up winning 2-1, but were
knocked out on away goals (Anderlacht then drew Real Madrid and Man U in the
group stage :)) Defeat to Man City in the league ended an awful month.

So with one day of the transfer market left open saw the arrival of Jermaine
Jenas from Newcastle for £5m (unprotected contract) and Lional Morgan on a
free. The arrival of Jenas and the later return of Greening inspired us to a
few wins in the league pulling us up to a midtable position, managed to lose
to Chelsea again (3-2 Gudjohensen in the 90min) Chelsea reinforced there
team with the signing of Pablo Aimar for £26.5m adding to the signings of
Rosicky and Ballack for £18m each, leaving them with Veron as there most
defensive minded midfielder.
4-1(agg) victory of Shakhtar see us qualify for the UEFA Cup group stage
drawn against Udinese(2-1), Ajaccio(1-1), Zeleznik(5-0) and Deportivo(1-0)
saw us finish top of the group.

Best game of the season was against Arsenal at high life on TV, which saw us
win 5-3 [ http://img109.exs.cx/img109/377/spurs53ars8gm.jpg ]
thanks to 4 goals from Ellington, which sent Arsenal into a 4 game losing
streak :) even more sweet with Wenger insulting us a couple of days before
the match, really wish there was a comment where you can sit there being
smug and gloating :). It is also our highest scoring game (so hopelfully
will not be involved in any 9goal games). Another good moment saw us beating
Newcastle 5-0 at home aswell as a 2-0 win over Chelsea at home after
Mourinho said bad things about us, followed up with a battling 0-0 draw
against Man Utd.

League Cup campaign never started with my second string losing in the third
round to Birimingham.
Defence of the FA Cup started off with a 2-0 win over Blackpool and a 5-0
win over Yeovil, things then started to get a bit more difficult, drawing
Liverpool in the 5th Round, though did win 4-1, was followed by needing a
replay to beat Crystal Palace (0-0, 2-0), saw us qualify for a semi-final
encounter with Newcastle.

The only Mid-Season transfer saw Michael Carrick go to Real Sociedad for
£2.5m due to him being on £30k a week and not playing, Matthew Upson and
James Beattie (Top Scorer in Europe) agree to join me on bosman's next
season. With the board refusing to give me more money for wages, I managed
to sign new contracts with everyone who wanted one, by giving large bonuses,
my wages are now over £100K a week over budget.

Resuming of UEFA Cup campaign proved costly due to resting players and
postponements, left the league very tight as was about 6 games behind at one
stage, which was rather funny as I was the only one who could catch Chelsea
though I was down in 8th! Too many draws and a couple of defeats ended any
hopes of the title, with England only having 3 UCL places I decided to
concentrate on the cups.
UEFA Cup saw us beat Real Sociedad (4-1agg), Dinamo Kiev (6-1agg), Monaco
(2-1agg) and Betis(4-2agg) to set up a final with Chelsea (who for the
second year running finished third in the UCL group stage, even though being
unbeaten in england at that stage).

An evil last two months nearly proved costly, I was battling with Villa,
Newcastle, Liverpool and Southampton to qualify for Europe. Though having to
play through April with not a single full-back was not fun, Welsh, Gardner
and even Brown and Ricketts were forced to play as full-backs.

May was even worse with no way of geting games postponed (the game only
seems to do it automatically if the games fall on the same day) left me
playing Betis in the UEFA cup on Thurs 4/5 needing to play my strongest team
to avoid going out, then having to play Man Utd on Sat 6/5 Away and
Newcastle on Sun 7/5 Away also, say me lose the Man Utd game 4-0 and draw to
Newcastle 0-0, I then had to play Newcastle in the FA Cup Semi on the
Wednesday, fortnautly winning 2-1. And then the game got confused with the
league supposed to finish on Sat 13/5 left me, Chelsea and Everton with
games left to play in the league, the game only worked out half of the
awards, and ended up giving all Goal of the month nominations to Defoe in
May.

UEFA Cup final saw us rip apart Chelsea 3-1, in a Gale in Madrid(!!!)
http://img117.exs.cx/img117/2918/uefafinal5xs.jpg
Which saw the Supporters group, thing about renaming the supporters club
building after me :) !!!

The Cup double wasn't to be though, with a disapointing 2-0 defeat to Man U
in the Final, which saw Ferguson sacked the day after, which was
disapointing as Ferguson was sticking up for me in the press, against the
vicous campaign of hatred from Chelsea and Arsenal.

My final league position was fifth
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/107/prem04053nj.jpg

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd are in the UCL next year.
Aston Villa and Fulham(League Cup Winners) are in the UEFA Cup, it appears I
am not in Europe next season for some reason :-( (I should have qualifed as
either FA Cup Runner Up or next in the league - England only appear to have
2 clubs in Europe though the co-efficients say 3 in each, hopefully it'll
add me later).

International Stats:

This season saw no new Tottenham call ups, Paul Robinson has been dropped
from the squad leaving Me, King, Defoe and Beattie as current
internationals. Parker, Upson, Robinson, Jenas anf Gardner have all been
capped before.
U21's sees : Camp, Francis, Gallagher, Marshall and Jones in the squad.
With Greening, Dawson, Davis, Platt, Welsh, Jagielka, Brown and Ricketts all
having U21 caps.
Only Giddings, Lennon, Morgan, Smith, Parkin and Ellington have yet to get
an U21/full cap in my first team/squad.

World Cup 2006 saw Brazil beat Japan on pens in the final, Italy came third
beating Spain 2-0. World Cup Tree (Minus Final):
http://img110.exs.cx/img110/5560/worldcuptree3zg.jpg
Argentina, England, Germany, Portugal, USA, and Holland all failed to make
it out of the group stages. Me, King and Defoe were selected for the World
Cup and all played at least once, England : France (0-0), Mali (2-1) and
Belguim (0-1). There was another verison where Japan beat USA in the final,
though it was dubious whether England lost to Japan are not in the Semi:
http://img11.exs.cx/img11/1158/engwcpen8wk.jpg

The European U21 Championship saw England Lose to Italy in the Final on
pens, with my goalie Craig Gallagher scoring an equalising pen during normal
time:
http://img11.exs.cx/img11/1400/u21pen6zn.jpg Marshall, Jones, and Francis
also played.

The U19's though won the 2005 European U19 Championship with a 2-0 win over
Italy, though they have managed to fail to qualify for the 2006 comp.

With Pre-Season under way for the third season, several new youngsters were
promoted to the u18's with a couple having potentials in the 130-150's and
one a striker having a potential of 196 :). The Board have finaly increased
my wage budge to £625K, allowing a max. wage of £65K unfortnaetly Defore now
wants £100K a wage due to him now being worth £25m, though hopefully the
fact that he lists me and Spurs as favs he will stay.

2004/5 Player Stats:

Most Games: Paul Robinson 56 (out of 64), Gardner 53
Most Goals: Jermaine Defoe 31 (46(1)games)
Most Assists: Jermain Defoe 16 (Robinson got 1)
Most MoM: Michael Brown 7 (Robinson 6)
Shots on Target: Sam Parkin 71%
Average Rating: Michael Brown 7.82

Player/Club Stats: http://img41.exs.cx/img41/6780/playerclubstats2nh.jpg

My Profile/Info: http://img41.exs.cx/img41/4528/managerinfoprofile2ev.jpg
Anyone managed to gain a fav player/club?

Hall of Fame points: 58.

Tottenham are now ranked 72nd in European Co-effiecents (last year 102nd), I
gained the same amount of points as Chelsea!

Will probarbly take a break from this game now and return to my AGCM FC
Game.

--
Michael Murray