Flickering Monitor

March 27, 2005 10:31:27 PM

Hi, I have a TFT LCD color Computer Display SDM-S81. My display info shows
NVIDIA GeForce4 MS 440 with an adapter Ram 64.00 MB, installed drivers
nv4disp.dll, driver version 6.13.10.4072. It doesn't matter what background
on the desktop we have, it flickers and the colors change. This flickering
also affects the viewing of other programs. It flickers more on the lower
half of the screen.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting hits with the exception of the BIOS.
The BIOS reads BIOS on x86-based computers stored in read-only memory (ROM).
My motherboard resources show Driver Provider - Microsoft, Driver Date
7/1/2001, Version - 5.1.2600.0, Digital Signer - Microsoft Windows.
Publisher. Is there an updated BIOS?

My systems shows everything working properly but the screen continues to
flicker. I have done a virus scan, run spyware programs spybot, Ad-Ware, and
Microsoft, cleaning out potential problems, done a disk clean and a defrag.

Please help me with this problem. My husband is wondering if it could be a
video care problem even though system says no problems. It has become a real
problem. At one point a few months ago, we could do a disk clean and a
defrag and it would get rid of the flickering for a short time, but that
doesn't work anymore. Our computer has 152 GB hard drive which has been
partitioned to 16/136 GB if that is helpful at all.

Thank you.
Patricia
harlanrs@adelphia.net

More about : flickering monitor

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 12:03:15 PM

Your monitor is burning out. It's always cheaper to buy new, rather than repair.

(try it on another system to be sure this is so)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

!