Certain Office Applications and IE hanging

Just this weekend (nothing new was installed), my computer started to
experience a problem with hanging. After it boots, it will hang if I try to
enter any MS Office application or Internet Explorer. I can work on other
things while these windows are hung. If I use Norton System Works Process
Viewer and "kill" explorer.exe (it goes away for a second and then reloads
itself) from processes running, then everything is fine. I can then launch
Office apps and IE without any hangups. That is, until I boot again. I've
tried running sfc /scannow and it didn't work. I'm running Windows XP Home
with SP2.
--
Thanks for any help you can provide.

David

The advanced tool "System Explorer" and other tools are available in MS Antispyware beta that may fix your browser.

MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
..
"Huffy @hotmail.com>" <dhuffman_14<remove this> wrote in message news:91B95117-1AD8-4E1A-9BC0-E5A866E1F83D@microsoft.com...
> Just this weekend (nothing new was installed), my computer started to
> experience a problem with hanging. After it boots, it will hang if I try to
> enter any MS Office application or Internet Explorer. I can work on other
> things while these windows are hung. If I use Norton System Works Process
> Viewer and "kill" explorer.exe (it goes away for a second and then reloads
> itself) from processes running, then everything is fine. I can then launch
> Office apps and IE without any hangups. That is, until I boot again. I've
> tried running sfc /scannow and it didn't work. I'm running Windows XP Home
> with SP2.
> --
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> David