TECH: Monitor help - Cap Kits

Bobby

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I currently have a dedicated Mortal Kombat machine and the color on the
monitor is not as "crisp" as my newer machines. The color is not horrible,
but compared to my newer machines you can see the red is a little dull and
the white is a little fuzzy. Besides that it is great. No burn in, lines,
or anything of that nature.

My question is this problem something a Cap Kit would fix? If so, then how
difficult are they to install and where can you get them? If a cap kit is
not recommended, then what else are my options?

I appreciate any help you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Bob

DAVIDR58

it sounds like your picture tube has weak guns. some tubes can be re-juvinated but may be short lived. you would need a picture tube rejuvinator to ressurect. a bad output transistor may make a color weak but with the crispness not being present i would suspect a bad tube(crt)