QOTD: What Remote Control Software Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
MS RDP and RemotelyAnywhere (Which is a more advanced application from LogMeIn but doesn't utilise LogMeIn's servers so still requires port forwarding etc.)

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I used LogMeIn and it works great when I'm using it. BUT I only need it on occasional out-of-state business trips which is about 5-6 times a year. I wish they had weekly or daily useage fees. Hell I actually wish it was free. Tried other home-brews but LogMeIn is the easiest and most portable.

saifallofjmr

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Learn to Teamviewer it sets it up and the ID is binded to your computer so if you reformat is only when it changes. It also comes with a partner list so you can add your computers to it and log into it anywhere at anytime.

superhighperf

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
i use remote desktop, when i need it. not too much any more because i use a kvm switch. it works much better.

btw. i use the ati remote wonder for my htpc.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]superhighperf[/nom]i use remote desktop, when i need it. not too much any more because i use a kvm switch. it works much better.btw. i use the ati remote wonder for my htpc.[/citation]

haha! the sad thing is, when i read the title of this article i actually thought it was talking about physical remote controls :(

I was like well that's kind of a lame article but ok lol

gomobo75

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
At home I use Remote Desktop, when I'm away I use LogMeIn Free or Pro, depending which computer I'm accessing.

And i also use LogMeIn Rescue to support my customers.

G

I call on the phone and get my daughter to run whatever for me. VERY secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.