$WIN_NT$.~BT data error when installing XP

During an XP upgrade installation (from Win 2000 Pro) I'm getting the
following error:

---
An error occurred copying file flpdisk.sys to $WIN_NT$.~BT...

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
---

It gives me the option or skipping the installation of the file and
when I do, another error comes up for another file in a similar
directory. I don't want to keep skipping files so I exited setup.

Ideas?

Thanks.

--
comiller
comiller's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=932

    "comiller" <comiller.1ml57y@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

    > During an XP upgrade installation (from Win 2000 Pro) I'm getting the
    > following error:
    >
    > ---
    > An error occurred copying file flpdisk.sys to $WIN_NT$.~BT...
    >
    > Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    > ---
    >
    > It gives me the option or skipping the installation of the file and
    > when I do, another error comes up for another file in a similar
    > directory. I don't want to keep skipping files so I exited setup.
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --
    > comiller

    Try cleaning the CD or replacing the CDROM drive.

    Kerry

    Cyclic redundancy check = bad CD. Get a replacement.

    Contact the Microsoft Order Desk to order replacement media from Microsoft.

    In the United States, contact the Microsoft Order Desk at the following phone number:
    (800) 360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Pacific Time

    In Canada, contact the Canadian Microsoft Order Desk at the following phone number:
    (800) 933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Pacific Time

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "comiller" wrote:

    | During an XP upgrade installation (from Win 2000 Pro) I'm getting the
    | following error:
    |
    | ---
    | An error occurred copying file flpdisk.sys to $WIN_NT$.~BT...
    |
    | Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    | ---
    |
    | It gives me the option or skipping the installation of the file and
    | when I do, another error comes up for another file in a similar
    | directory. I don't want to keep skipping files so I exited setup.
    |
    | Ideas?
    |
    | Thanks.
    |

    | --
    | comiller

    REPLACEMENT MS CDs - 800-360-7561

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "comiller" <comiller.1ml57y@news.nospam.local> wrote in message news:comiller.1ml57y@news.nospam.local...

    > During an XP upgrade installation (from Win 2000 Pro) I'm getting the
    > following error:
    >
    > ---
    > An error occurred copying file flpdisk.sys to $WIN_NT$.~BT...
    >
    > Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    > ---
    >
    > It gives me the option or skipping the installation of the file and
    > when I do, another error comes up for another file in a similar
    > directory. I don't want to keep skipping files so I exited setup.
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --
    > comiller