Possible missing file in Windows XP operating system

Is there any place on Microsoft's web pages where you can run a check to make
sure you are not missing a Windows XP operating system file? All of the
sudden I have a couple of applications that won't load and they seem to be
looking for a particular file that is apparently missing.
2 answers Last reply
More about possible missing file windows operating system

    > Is there any place on Microsoft's web pages where you can run a check to
    > make
    > sure you are not missing a Windows XP operating system file? All of the
    > sudden I have a couple of applications that won't load and they seem to be
    > looking for a particular file that is apparently missing.

    Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
    (Sfc.exe)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747/EN-US

    --
    William

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D07450F0-2209-437C-9EB0-230253C24A04@microsoft.com...
    > Is there any place on Microsoft's web pages where you can run a check to make
    > sure you are not missing a Windows XP operating system file? All of the
    > sudden I have a couple of applications that won't load and they seem to be
    > looking for a particular file that is apparently missing.

Microsoft Windows XP