Graphic Card questions - please help

James_Bond

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
OK, I'm in the market for a new graphics card, and I know that I'm going to buy an Nvidia FX card. What I can't decide is, should I get an FX 5700 or an FX 5900? I don't plan on buying a 256MB card, so I'm definitely going with a card with 128MB of RAM. Both cards are the same price and I can't decide which one to invest in.

I have looked at their performance on the Tom's Hardware guide tests, but it never says whether they used the 128MB version or the 256MB version in their tests. So, which one did they use?

Finally, I need to decide on a brand from the following choices: XFX, Leadtek, eVGA and Chaintech. Who's better/worse?

Thanks for the help!

"What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold? One's a sick duck - I can't remember the rest, but your mother's a whore!" -Sean Connery, SNL

PAX

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
I´d recommend Leadtek, they have great support, good hardware monitoring, overclocking options and the hardware are made with good quality components.

-------------
Pax vobiscum!

shadowjack

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
The FX5900 by PNY Verto is off their website and is being cleared out by COMPUSA. They do have a rebate to make it $200, but be sure to get the extended warranty if you get the PNY brand.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shadowjack on 11/14/03 07:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>