Start up items

March 28, 2005 5:12:08 AM

Is there a way to delete the unused items in msconfig startup lists. I think
I saw something on how to do this, but can't find it anymore. Thanks for
your help.
Windows xp os.

More about : start items

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 5:12:09 AM

"clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
news:o 2ibU01MFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Is there a way to delete the unused items in msconfig startup lists. I
> think I saw something on how to do this, but can't find it anymore. Thanks
> for your help.
> Windows xp os.

To remove disabled items from the startup list in msconfig delete unwanted
subkeys of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SharedTools\MSConfig\startupfolder
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg.

To start the registry, start>run and type

regedit

--
William
!