Start up items

Is there a way to delete the unused items in msconfig startup lists. I think
I saw something on how to do this, but can't find it anymore. Thanks for
your help.
Windows xp os.
1 answer Last reply
More about start items

    "clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to delete the unused items in msconfig startup lists. I
    > think I saw something on how to do this, but can't find it anymore. Thanks
    > for your help.
    > Windows xp os.

    To remove disabled items from the startup list in msconfig delete unwanted
    subkeys of
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SharedTools\MSConfig\startupfolder
    and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg.

    To start the registry, start>run and type

    regedit

    --
    William

Microsoft Windows XP