NEED HELP PLS!! my bluetooth clash with my internet connec..

this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
"Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
restore before i install bluetooth device.
can someone pls help me?
i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.
5 answers Last reply
More about need bluetooth clash internet connec

    Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
    Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
    re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BAC202-6D10-4A3C-9216-5869D7061D83@microsoft.com...
    > this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
    > connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
    > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
    > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
    > due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
    > restore before i install bluetooth device.
    > can someone pls help me?
    > i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
    > i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.

    thanks , but the problem still there, atfer using ur method , when dail up it
    show
    " TCP/IP CP report error 31: a device attached to the system is not
    functioning"
    then i restart the windows and then back to square one it show
    "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
    remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol"

    is there any other solution thanks!!

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
    > Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
    > re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BAC202-6D10-4A3C-9216-5869D7061D83@microsoft.com...
    > > this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
    > > connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
    > > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
    > > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
    > > due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
    > > restore before i install bluetooth device.
    > > can someone pls help me?
    > > i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
    > > i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.

    Control Panel/Network Connections folder, rightclick Connection icon, Properties,

    I would be sure you had a TCI/IP protocol, and that the settings were correct for your broadband
    --

    "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AAEB3FA-BABA-49DA-85BC-3FBD5A153C7C@microsoft.com...
    > thanks , but the problem still there, atfer using ur method , when dail up it
    > show
    > " TCP/IP CP report error 31: a device attached to the system is not
    > functioning"
    > then i restart the windows and then back to square one it show
    > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
    > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol"
    >
    > is there any other solution thanks!!
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
    >> Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
    >> re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BAC202-6D10-4A3C-9216-5869D7061D83@microsoft.com...
    >> > this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
    >> > connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
    >> > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
    >> > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
    >> > due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
    >> > restore before i install bluetooth device.
    >> > can someone pls help me?
    >> > i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
    >> > i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.

    thank, but this method i try before the seting is correct. so i dont know
    where the problem lies... if got other suggestion? thanks you

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Control Panel/Network Connections folder, rightclick Connection icon, Properties,
    >
    > I would be sure you had a TCI/IP protocol, and that the settings were correct for your broadband
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AAEB3FA-BABA-49DA-85BC-3FBD5A153C7C@microsoft.com...
    > > thanks , but the problem still there, atfer using ur method , when dail up it
    > > show
    > > " TCP/IP CP report error 31: a device attached to the system is not
    > > functioning"
    > > then i restart the windows and then back to square one it show
    > > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
    > > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol"
    > >
    > > is there any other solution thanks!!
    > >
    > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
    > >> Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
    > >> re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    > >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > >> ..

    thank for advice Mark L. Ferguson
    i solve my problem, my winsock has problem i reinstall the tcp/ip to solve
    and unstall the modem and blue tooth and reinstall everything. everything
    work perectly
    thank for everthing.

Connection Bluetooth Windows XP