NEED HELP PLS!! my bluetooth clash with my internet connec..

March 28, 2005 2:19:01 AM

this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
"Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
restore before i install bluetooth device.
can someone pls help me?
i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:07:42 AM

Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BAC202-6D10-4A3C-9216-5869D7061D83@microsoft.com...
> this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
> connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
> "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
> remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
> due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
> restore before i install bluetooth device.
> can someone pls help me?
> i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
> i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 5:15:02 AM

thanks , but the problem still there, atfer using ur method , when dail up it
show
" TCP/IP CP report error 31: a device attached to the system is not
functioning"
then i restart the windows and then back to square one it show
"Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol"

is there any other solution thanks!!

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
> Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
> re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BAC202-6D10-4A3C-9216-5869D7061D83@microsoft.com...
> > this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
> > connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
> > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
> > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
> > due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
> > restore before i install bluetooth device.
> > can someone pls help me?
> > i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
> > i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.

March 29, 2005 10:31:35 AM

Control Panel/Network Connections folder, rightclick Connection icon, Properties,

I would be sure you had a TCI/IP protocol, and that the settings were correct for your broadband
--

"soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AAEB3FA-BABA-49DA-85BC-3FBD5A153C7C@microsoft.com...
> thanks , but the problem still there, atfer using ur method , when dail up it
> show
> " TCP/IP CP report error 31: a device attached to the system is not
> functioning"
> then i restart the windows and then back to square one it show
> "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
> remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol"
>
> is there any other solution thanks!!
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
>> Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
>> re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BAC202-6D10-4A3C-9216-5869D7061D83@microsoft.com...
>> > this occur when i install the bluetooth , upon clicking on the dail-up
>> > connection , a error upon the making the connection see below
>> > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
>> > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol."
>> > due to this i cannot connect to internet, i use system restore point to
>> > restore before i install bluetooth device.
>> > can someone pls help me?
>> > i am using dsl modem broadband and win xp serice pack 2.
>> > i try uninstall the modem and reinstall. still the same problem.

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:13:01 AM

thank, but this method i try before the seting is correct. so i dont know
where the problem lies... if got other suggestion? thanks you

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Control Panel/Network Connections folder, rightclick Connection icon, Properties,
>
> I would be sure you had a TCI/IP protocol, and that the settings were correct for your broadband
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "soon heng" <soonheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AAEB3FA-BABA-49DA-85BC-3FBD5A153C7C@microsoft.com...
> > thanks , but the problem still there, atfer using ur method , when dail up it
> > show
> > " TCP/IP CP report error 31: a device attached to the system is not
> > functioning"
> > then i restart the windows and then back to square one it show
> > "Error 720 - the connection attempt failed because your computer and the
> > remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol"
> >
> > is there any other solution thanks!!
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
> >> Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
> >> re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> >> ..

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:57:05 AM

thank for advice Mark L. Ferguson
i solve my problem, my winsock has problem i reinstall the tcp/ip to solve
and unstall the modem and blue tooth and reinstall everything. everything
work perectly
thank for everthing.
!