Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Inspiron 1420 - Red and Green Lines at the bottom of the screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2012 5:26:21 AM

Hello,

I need some advice here. I have a Dell Inspiron 1420 Notebook, and there is some long lines (almost like red and green) at the bottom of the screen.. but it does not appear while it booting up until it's entering the Windows.. what do you think probably would be the problem here? is it the display card, inverter or the LCD screen itself?? any ideas??
May 8, 2012 10:36:39 PM

Rockeagle said:
Hello,

I need some advice here. I have a Dell Inspiron 1420 Notebook, and there is some long lines (almost like red and green) at the bottom of the screen.. but it does not appear while it booting up until it's entering the Windows.. what do you think probably would be the problem here? is it the display card, inverter or the LCD screen itself?? any ideas??

I am having the same issues with my dell inspiron 1420 I was wondering if you find anything out, or if you already have, if you would message me at valascy@hotmail.com

Please and thank you
m
l
May 9, 2012 12:35:47 AM

I wish I could find an answer. but unfortunately I haven't got even one. Okay, I'll try to inform you if i get one. :) 
m
l
Related resources
May 9, 2012 12:36:43 AM

Valascy said:
I am having the same issues with my dell inspiron 1420 I was wondering if you find anything out, or if you already have, if you would message me at valascy@hotmail.com

Please and thank you

I wish I could find an answer. but unfortunately I haven't got even one. Okay, I'll try to inform you if i get one. :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 1:12:28 AM

Hi :) 

If you DONT get the same lines when running an EXTERNAL screen...then its a faulty screen....

All the best Brett :) 
May 9, 2012 1:54:54 AM

Rockeagle said:
Hello,

Hello again, I did a little more searching and found that its the LCD that's going bad. The only thing that you can do to fix it is to have the screen replaced. Luckily you can buy it online at amazon.com for only $70 dollars! I hope this helped you. And I only replied because I noticed you asked about this last month. :) 
m
l
May 9, 2012 1:56:23 AM

Oh and thanks for replying to me so fast today ^.^
m
l
May 9, 2012 4:00:32 AM

Best answer selected by Rockeagle.
m
l
!