New software not working correctly in user profiles.

Hi there,

I am unable to get new Epson scanner software to work correctly - different
parts
work to some effect on some profiles ( four in use), but not fully on any
one. Re-install with USB lead plugged in seems to have caused further
problems, uninstall and reinstall now seems to repeat same issues.

If I uninstalled all folder/references to Epson in regedit under H-key
entries would I be able to do a clean install, or would I make things (much)
worse???

I have been advised to "eneble load and unload device drive" in WIndows
Security settings - can anyone advise how to do this?

Thanks,

Pete.

Load and unload device drivers: start/run, type: hh %windir%\Help\spolsconcepts.chm::/543.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Hotfusion" <Hotfusion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0DAA5D3-920E-41BD-8A8E-398D4943DF8D@microsoft.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I am unable to get new Epson scanner software to work correctly - different
> parts
> work to some effect on some profiles ( four in use), but not fully on any
> one. Re-install with USB lead plugged in seems to have caused further
> problems, uninstall and reinstall now seems to repeat same issues.
>
> If I uninstalled all folder/references to Epson in regedit under H-key
> entries would I be able to do a clean install, or would I make things (much)
> worse???
>
> I have been advised to "eneble load and unload device drive" in WIndows
> Security settings - can anyone advise how to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete.

Thanks for the reply Mark,

When I tried your suggestion I get error Message "cannot open the file".
Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Pete.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Load and unload device drivers: start/run, type: hh %windir%\Help\spolsconcepts.chm:/543.htm
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Hotfusion" <Hotfusion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0DAA5D3-920E-41BD-8A8E-398D4943DF8D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am unable to get new Epson scanner software to work correctly - different
> > parts
> > work to some effect on some profiles ( four in use), but not fully on any
> > one. Re-install with USB lead plugged in seems to have caused further
> > problems, uninstall and reinstall now seems to repeat same issues.
> >
> > If I uninstalled all folder/references to Epson in regedit under H-key
> > entries would I be able to do a clean install, or would I make things (much)
> > worse???
> >
> > I have been advised to "eneble load and unload device drive" in WIndows
> > Security settings - can anyone advise how to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Pete.

I don't see how you quote a typo I did not make<g>
>> Load and unload device drivers: start/run, type: hh %windir%\Help\spolsconcepts.chm:/543.htm
try again.

hh %windir%\Help\spolsconcepts.chm::/543.htm

Are you trying to say you don't use Pro edition XP?
--

"Hotfusion" <Hotfusion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57BC12A2-E817-4559-BEAF-3569AEEDB39D@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the reply Mark,
>
> When I tried your suggestion I get error Message "cannot open the file".
> Anything else I can try?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Load and unload device drivers: start/run, type: hh %windir%\Help\spolsconcepts.chm:/543.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "Hotfusion" <Hotfusion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0DAA5D3-920E-41BD-8A8E-398D4943DF8D@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > I am unable to get new Epson scanner software to work correctly - different
>> > parts
>> > work to some effect on some profiles ( four in use), but not fully on any
>> > one. Re-install with USB lead plugged in seems to have caused further
>> > problems, uninstall and reinstall now seems to repeat same issues.
>> >
>> > If I uninstalled all folder/references to Epson in regedit under H-key
>> > entries would I be able to do a clean install, or would I make things (much)
>> > worse???
>> >
>> > I have been advised to "eneble load and unload device drive" in WIndows
>> > Security settings - can anyone advise how to do this?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Pete.

Hi Mark,

XP Home - Programme works OK on my laptop which has XP Pro, but also no
profiles.

Thanks,

Pete.

"Hotfusion" wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am unable to get new Epson scanner software to work
> correctly - different
> parts
> work to some effect on some profiles ( four in use), but not
> fully on any
> one. Re-install with USB lead plugged in seems to have caused
> further
> problems, uninstall and reinstall now seems to repeat same
> issues.
>
> If I uninstalled all folder/references to Epson in regedit
> under H-key
> entries would I be able to do a clean install, or would I make
> things (much)
> worse???
>
> I have been advised to "eneble load and unload device drive"
> in WIndows
> Security settings - can anyone advise how to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete.

Try logging in under the highest Administartor User , and give all
your other users Administrator privileges. Also , on install you
sometimes get the option:
Only For Me
For all users on This Computer.

Select the second option then. Also make sure you install the software
in a folder accesible by all users.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-software-working-correctly-user-profiles-ftopict350241.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1103840

These otions were not available on initial instal. I fear I have complicated
matters by reinstalling with USB connected, now subsequent installs do not
work correctly on any profile. Hence question re deleting references in
registry "H key" section.

Thanks for suggestions,

Pete.