1. What is your budget? more or less around $800, less is better
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17 inches or more
3. What screen resolution do you want? doesn't matter, the best to play diablo 3 in
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? i need it for gaming mostly
5. How much battery life do you need? enough, i guess around 2-4+ hours? it will be plugged in most of time i assume
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Diablo3, WoW, HoN, LoL i want to at least play in average settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) nothing else just mainly gaming and doing homework with microsoft word or something
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? i want over or around 500gb? i also want 7200rpm
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Whatever sites that seem legit
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? maybe 4-5 years? this isnt important
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? i would like the basic dvd rom but blueray is always nice
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I prefer brands that ARE NOT: HP, Toshiba, or Dell. i have heard bad stories about these laptops and their heating issues
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Again i want this laptop for Diablo 3 mainly but i will play other games as well. I want the gpu and cpu to sort of stay high end also and i know this might sound stupid for a laptop around 800 but what could it hurt to ask. Also i want a good laptop that wont overheat THAT MUCH thanks again!
What computer do you currently play games on? In regards to how high to aim, I'd like to have a reference point. At $800, you can either:
1) Work at cutting down the price to get the cheapest computer with a Radeon 7690M GDDR5 (HP) or...
2) Figure out a way to fit something like a GTX 560M or 650M in your budget. I know XoticPC.com sells them for $891. But you'd need a copy of Windows
There are a couple of very important things to consider:
1) Get GDDR5, not DDR3. You need to check to make sure you get the right one.
2) What resolution do you want? I prefer 1600x900 for a laptop because you sacrifice gaming performance with a higher resolution screen (more pixels to render). However, a 1366x768 screen kinda sucks to use in my opinion.
It looks like to me like you can either spend less than $800 for less than $800 of performance, wait for an unanticipated crazy deal @ $800, or increase your price range a little bit up to $900 or $950.