Deleting Wireless Network

I just created a Wireless Network through the CONTROL PANEL > Wireless
Network Setup Wizard.

I want to delete this network because it was just a test and I'm afraid my
laptop is now vulnerable to people who may try to connect to the internet
through it.

How do I view and delete this network?

Thanx in advance.

--
Bruno

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet Connections. 2. Click Network Connections, right-click
Wireless Connection, Disable

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Bruno Rodrigues" <BrunoRodrigues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just created a Wireless Network through the CONTROL PANEL > Wireless
> Network Setup Wizard.
>
> I want to delete this network because it was just a test and I'm afraid my
> laptop is now vulnerable to people who may try to connect to the internet
> through it.
>
> How do I view and delete this network?
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> --
> Bruno

Hey Mark,

By doind what you said I would disable my wireless connection, not being
able to connect to the wireless internet server in my house.

I just want to delete the Network that I created.

Thanx anyways.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> 1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet Connections. 2. Click Network Connections, right-click
> Wireless Connection, Disable
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Bruno Rodrigues" <BrunoRodrigues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just created a Wireless Network through the CONTROL PANEL > Wireless
> > Network Setup Wizard.
> >
> > I want to delete this network because it was just a test and I'm afraid my
> > laptop is now vulnerable to people who may try to connect to the internet
> > through it.
> >
> > How do I view and delete this network?
> >
> > Thanx in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Bruno

Press WinKey-Break,(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl'), Computer Name Tab, click Change button

--

> Hey Mark,
>
> By doind what you said I would disable my wireless connection, not being
> able to connect to the wireless internet server in my house.
>
> I just want to delete the Network that I created.
>
> Thanx anyways.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> 1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet Connections. 2. Click Network Connections, right-click
>> Wireless Connection, Disable
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "Bruno Rodrigues" <BrunoRodrigues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just created a Wireless Network through the CONTROL PANEL > Wireless
>> > Network Setup Wizard.
>> >
>> > I want to delete this network because it was just a test and I'm afraid my
>> > laptop is now vulnerable to people who may try to connect to the internet
>> > through it.
>> >
>> > How do I view and delete this network?
>> >
>> > Thanx in advance.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Bruno

So...

I guess I was supposed to change my computer name, right? Then I was asked
to reboot my computer.

Well, after rebooting, when I accessed that same thing: 'CONTROL PANEL' >
'Wireless Network Setup Wizard', I get the option of setting up a wireless
network besides the one I had already created.

How do I make the one I created go away?