Want WinXP not change Daylight Savings in domain

I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP PC to
NOT change it’s time when our Win2k DC’s change their clocks to reflect
daylight savings.

Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern
Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard Time,
and not get it’s time changed from the DC’s. Is there a way to prevent this
from happening?

One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the following
parameter:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Type : REG_SZ
Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
NoSync = do not synchronize time

Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or, would it
be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck the
option to “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?�

What do you all think?
2 answers Last reply
More about want winxp change daylight savings domain

    The easy way would be to set the timezone back one zone.

    start/run, type: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,/f
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "KeithD." <keith_duckworth@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:8324760F-0DAD-4D9C-9A1B-3E5DD6B2BB8F@microsoft.com...
    >I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP PC to
    > NOT change it's time when our Win2k DC's change their clocks to reflect
    > daylight savings.
    >
    > Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern
    > Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard Time,
    > and not get it's time changed from the DC's. Is there a way to prevent this
    > from happening?
    >
    > One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the following
    > parameter:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters
    >
    > Type : REG_SZ
    > Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
    > NoSync = do not synchronize time
    >
    > Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or, would it
    > be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck the
    > option to "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?"
    >
    > What do you all think?

    No, the EASY way would just be to uncheck the box that tells Win XP to
    Automatically adjust for Daylight Savings time...

    Right-Click your clock, choose Adjust Date/Time. Choose the TIME ZONE
    header in that window. Uncheck box at bottom of the Time Zone page....

    Simple and easy...

    http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > .
    > "KeithD." <keith_duckworth@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
    > >I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP
    PC to
    > > NOT change it's time when our Win2k DC's change their clocks to reflect
    > > daylight savings.
    > >
    > > Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to
    Eastern
    > > Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard
    Time,
    > > and not get it's time changed from the DC's. Is there a way to prevent
    this
    > > from happening?
    > >
    > > One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the
    following
    > > parameter:
    > >
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters
    > >
    > > Type : REG_SZ
    > > Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
    > > NoSync = do not synchronize time
    > >
    > > Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or,
    would it
    > > be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck
    the
    > > option to "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?"
    > >
    > > What do you all think?

Domain Windows XP