Want WinXP not change Daylight Savings in domain

March 28, 2005 11:23:02 AM

I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP PC to
NOT change it’s time when our Win2k DC’s change their clocks to reflect
daylight savings.

Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern
Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard Time,
and not get it’s time changed from the DC’s. Is there a way to prevent this
from happening?

One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the following
parameter:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Type : REG_SZ
Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
NoSync = do not synchronize time

Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or, would it
be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck the
option to “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?�

What do you all think?
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:59:51 AM

The easy way would be to set the timezone back one zone.

start/run, type: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,/f
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"KeithD." <keith_duckworth@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:8324760F-0DAD-4D9C-9A1B-3E5DD6B2BB8F@microsoft.com...
>I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP PC to
> NOT change it's time when our Win2k DC's change their clocks to reflect
> daylight savings.
>
> Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern
> Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard Time,
> and not get it's time changed from the DC's. Is there a way to prevent this
> from happening?
>
> One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the following
> parameter:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters
>
> Type : REG_SZ
> Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
> NoSync = do not synchronize time
>
> Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or, would it
> be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck the
> option to "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?"
>
> What do you all think?

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:50:57 PM

No, the EASY way would just be to uncheck the box that tells Win XP to
Automatically adjust for Daylight Savings time...

Right-Click your clock, choose Adjust Date/Time. Choose the TIME ZONE
header in that window. Uncheck box at bottom of the Time Zone page....

Simple and easy...

http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm

!