Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Battlefield 3 wont play on asus g73jh

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 19, 2012 9:41:48 PM

Battlefield 3 is stuck on "joining server" when trying multiplayer.

Game won't load at all in campaign mode

The game won't load and since going to get the updated drivers for the ATI 5870 vidoe card now my resolution is garbage and the computer can't detect the 5870 card.

I have read to update VBios but I am afraid that I have to run recovery first and restart the whole computer again....

any advise and/or WORKING links to combat this would be appreciated.

April 19, 2012 9:46:22 PM

The Battlefield 3 server could possibly be down. Do you have the latest patches? Do you know if your laptop meets the minimum system requirements? Are you using a broadband connection?
April 19, 2012 9:51:03 PM

xunicronx said:
The Battlefield 3 server could possibly be down. Do you have the latest patches? Do you know if your laptop meets the minimum system requirements? Are you using a broadband connection?



I bought this laptop used and before buying I saw the seller playing battlefield 3 and then he recovered to stock and now I can't get it to load past the "joining server" for multiplayer AND it won't even load the campaign mode at all. there is a slight flicker on the screen before it would switch over to the game for playing but then nothing happens.... I am thinking it is a VBios update that is needed but MOST of the links I am finding are dead or no longer supported.

Granted the Asus I bought is a year and some old but I figured there would be some sore of support still.

Related resources
April 19, 2012 9:51:46 PM

Did you get the video drivers from AMD or ASUS? If AMD, uninstall those and get the ones ASUS has for your model. It's generally not good to use reference drivers for laptop video cards.
April 19, 2012 9:54:13 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Did you get the video drivers from AMD or ASUS? If AMD, uninstall those and get the ones ASUS has for your model. It's generally not good to use reference drivers for laptop video cards.


The problem with that is I can't revert back to previous drivers to try and and now my resolution on the laptop is garbage and can't even detect the 5870 as a video card now therefore I don't think I could get and ATI driver update if "Apparently" I no longer have a ATI video card


April 19, 2012 9:57:46 PM

Have you tried rolling back the driver to a previous version in Safe Mode?
April 20, 2012 1:38:13 AM

xunicronx said:
Have you tried rolling back the driver to a previous version in Safe Mode?



I am in the midst of reverting back to stock windows so I can't roll back drivers
April 20, 2012 1:55:39 AM

n1njam005e said:
I am thinking it is a VBios update that is needed but MOST of the links I am finding are dead or no longer supported.


This is correct. My brother had the same issue with his Asus g73 and he searched for a vbios update and that solved the problem.

Sorry but I don't have the link...
!