Possible Device not prperly disconnected

Research shows that a possible reason for right mouse click failures at the
MYCOMPUTER level are due to improperly disconnecting devices. I use both USB
2 and firewire devices every so often.

How can I verify that explorer does not think one is connected when it is
not? Is there a way to make sure (i.e., clear explorer links) that all
drives are free of devices? They are none connected at this time.Is there a
file I could delete or a key I need to change?

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"A_Lot_to_Learn" <A_Lot_to_Learn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O8Yf1V7MFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Research shows that a possible reason for right mouse click failures at the MYCOMPUTER level are due to improperly disconnecting
> devices. I use both USB 2 and firewire devices every so often.
>
> How can I verify that explorer does not think one is connected when it is not? Is there a way to make sure (i.e., clear explorer
> links) that all drives are free of devices? They are none connected at this time.Is there a file I could delete or a key I need to
> change?

Thanks Mark, but I already tried all of them. I want to do some serious
looking at device connect/disconnect now.

Hope someone can help...