General Info on Shipping An Arcade Game?

dp

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Hi All -

I have a Mortal Kombat II cabinet that I need to ship, potentially
across the USA. I'm in New Jersey, and I will most likely be shipping
to Colorado. This would probably be a residential shipment,
too--meaning pickup would be from my residence.

Can anyone recommend a good freight shipping company to use? I really
have no experience in paletting or anything either. :/ (though I'm
sure I could wrap it okay).

On a related note, is The Arcade Shipping Database
(http://www.paraseek.com/arcade/index.html) still maintained?

Really appreciative of any help anyone can give!

Thanks,

-dp

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

NAVL and they'll pick-up at your house, pallet it
for you deliver it to their house.

Scott C.

dp wrote:
> Hi All -
>
> I have a Mortal Kombat II cabinet that I need to ship, potentially
> across the USA. I'm in New Jersey, and I will most likely be shipping
> to Colorado. This would probably be a residential shipment,
> too--meaning pickup would be from my residence.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good freight shipping company to use? I really
> have no experience in paletting or anything either. :/ (though I'm
> sure I could wrap it okay).
>
> On a related note, is The Arcade Shipping Database
> (http://www.paraseek.com/arcade/index.html) still maintained?
>
> Really appreciative of any help anyone can give!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -dp

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Joe Mageria is traveling from NJ to Chicago. You could get the game
that far if it is cheaper than shipping direct.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL

dp wrote:
> Hi All -
>
> I have a Mortal Kombat II cabinet that I need to ship, potentially
> across the USA. I'm in New Jersey, and I will most likely be
shipping
> to Colorado. This would probably be a residential shipment,
> too--meaning pickup would be from my residence.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good freight shipping company to use? I
really
> have no experience in paletting or anything either. :/ (though I'm
> sure I could wrap it okay).
>
> On a related note, is The Arcade Shipping Database
> (http://www.paraseek.com/arcade/index.html) still maintained?
>
> Really appreciative of any help anyone can give!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -dp

dp

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Thanks for the suggestion re: North American Van Lines -- I wouldn't
have thought about them. I will definitely look into this!

-dp.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Thanks for the tip re: North American Van Lines -- I wouldn't have
thought to look into them! Will definitely check them out..

-dp