XP Pro SP2 Shuts Down frequently and wont let programs load

Gordon

When I force the bod by using F8 menu on my other computer I get the
following details:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000001D, 0xF742E15F, 0xF799EAF0, 0xF799E7EC)

*** PQV2i.sys - Address F742E15F base at F742C000, DateStamp 41a27b9c

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

Can anyone give me any tips to recover without reformatting and reinstalling
windows.
Thanks,
Gordon

Gordon

Thanks, I'll try to figure out how to use the recovery console. When I try
to use restore I am told that it cannot be restored to that restore point.
This is for all restore points.