Tech: does mAH matter on a 3.6V replacement battery for Be..

Tags:
  • Battery
  • Games
  • Video
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 3, 2005 5:28:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

So I stop by Radio Shack today to pick up a 3.6 volt cordless phone battery
to put in my Berzerk machine - as read about here... There are about twenty
3.6V batteries with mAH number of 600, 700, etc.

My question(s) are: what is this number and does it matter which one I buy
for Berzerk? Thanks in advance!

Steve

More about : tech mah matter replacement battery

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 5:28:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Steve,

mAH is milli-Amp Hours. It specifies how much current the battery can
deliver for a period of time. For example, 600mAH can deliver 600
milliAmps (0.6A) for one hour. Or, 1 milliAmp for 600 hours, or a
variant inbetween. Take the battery's rating in mAH and divide that by
the amount of current your circuit requires in mA and that's how long
the battery will last in hours.

- Craig

Action Man wrote:
> So I stop by Radio Shack today to pick up a 3.6 volt cordless phone
battery
> to put in my Berzerk machine - as read about here... There are about
twenty
> 3.6V batteries with mAH number of 600, 700, etc.
>
> My question(s) are: what is this number and does it matter which one
I buy
> for Berzerk? Thanks in advance!
>
> Steve
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 5:28:55 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

In other words, the higher the mAh rating, the longer the battery will last.
Might as well make it a large one, and you're set for a long time=labor
saved.

"Craig Yarbrough" <hyarbr01@harris.com> wrote in message
> Steve,
>
> mAH is milli-Amp Hours. It specifies how much current the battery can
> deliver for a period of time.
May 3, 2005 5:51:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Got it. Thanks for the info!

Steve

"Craig Yarbrough" <hyarbr01@harris.com> wrote in message
> Steve,
>
> mAH is milli-Amp Hours. It specifies how much current the battery can
> deliver for a period of time. For example, 600mAH can deliver 600
> milliAmps (0.6A) for one hour. Or, 1 milliAmp for 600 hours, or a
> variant inbetween. Take the battery's rating in mAH and divide that by
> the amount of current your circuit requires in mA and that's how long
> the battery will last in hours.
>
> - Craig
>

> Action Man wrote:
> > So I stop by Radio Shack today to pick up a 3.6 volt cordless phone
> battery
> > to put in my Berzerk machine - as read about here... There are about
> twenty
> > 3.6V batteries with mAH number of 600, 700, etc.
> >
> > My question(s) are: what is this number and does it matter which one
> I buy
> > for Berzerk? Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Steve

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 2:32:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

yea its weird i had a long argument with my brother about aas vs d
batterys he said d batterys had much more power i agreed but i said
they are the same voltage

and if you could fit 2 ds in a walkman that uses aas it would work fine

he thought ds would blow it up because they would provide more power

3.6 volts is either some weirdo lithium batter or 3 nicads or nimh
batterys

since most arcade machines seem to be heald together with duct-tape and
gum on the inside just get some rechargables and a battery holder or
just solder them to make a pack

i havent paid for rechargeables in a long time since they have those
recycle bins
i can get a few dead phone packs dissassemble them and find good cells
and make good packs or use them individually most phone packs are 3
batts and its the one connected to the negative lead that is internally
shot bust up the pack
find the cell that has low voltage and discard it back in the recycle
bin or if they are all the same

charge them up individually run em down in a flashlight and see which
one dies first

charging them till they are slightly warm and dischargin them in a
flashlight will remove their cell memory after a couple cycles
!