Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 7551 Black Screen

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 20, 2012 3:12:02 PM

Hi,

My Acer Aspire 7551 was working fine today. I shut the lid, which hibernates it, and then a few hours later tried to power it on.

The lights indicating that the battery is charging come on. The cpu fan makes noise and I'm quite sure I can hear hard drive noises.

However, the screen will not display anything.

I've tried taking the battery out and pressing the power button on for a while. I've reseated the hard drive and the RAM. Tried using without battery. I've also tried connecting to an external monitor and restarting and I've tried pressing F2 (for BIOS) while restarting...

But no luck. Nothing is diplayed.

At this point all I can think of is paying a local technician and maybe getting a diagnosis.

Thanks for your time!
April 25, 2012 3:07:36 AM

Billwirz said:
Hi,

My Acer Aspire 7551 was working fine today. I shut the lid, which hibernates it, and then a few hours later tried to power it on.

The lights indicating that the battery is charging come on. The cpu fan makes noise and I'm quite sure I can hear hard drive noises.

However, the screen will not display anything.

I've tried taking the battery out and pressing the power button on for a while. I've reseated the hard drive and the RAM. Tried using without battery. I've also tried connecting to an external monitor and restarting and I've tried pressing F2 (for BIOS) while restarting...

But no luck. Nothing is diplayed.

At this point all I can think of is paying a local technician and maybe getting a diagnosis.

Thanks for your time!

I have the same laptop and what i did to fix it was go to acer.com and go to the Support Section, and download the new BIOS updates. Fixes this problem.

April 25, 2012 12:36:11 PM

Phoenix117, thanks for your reply!

How did you install the BIOS updates? I have no idea how to do that on an apparently dead computer.

Related resources
April 27, 2012 7:56:26 AM

IT WORKS! All I had to do was what someone suggested in another thread, that is to take out the BIOS battery and short the two connections there, which resets the BIOS to factory default.

I then downloaded and installed the BIOS update as you said, Phoenix117.

December 5, 2012 1:34:38 AM

Billwirz said:
IT WORKS! All I had to do was what someone suggested in another thread, that is to take out the BIOS battery and short the two connections there, which resets the BIOS to factory default.

I then downloaded and installed the BIOS update as you said, Phoenix117.

Hi, I'm working on an acer aspire 7551-2575 that has the exact thing happening to it. I've attempted to reset the CMOS by pulling the battery and jumpering, but that's not doing the trick for this one. Can you be a little more specific on what you had to do to get it working again? Thanks for your time. Or direct me to the other thread that described how to do this?

Thanks,
Kris
May 2, 2013 5:22:08 PM

Please i have the same problem , can anyone help me ?
May 18, 2013 10:44:26 AM

Enissay said:

it sure helps, for 20 minutes, then a black screen again... i'm really stuck here
May 25, 2013 1:04:30 AM

Stef Chapchoy said:
Enissay said:

it sure helps, for 20 minutes, then a black screen again... i'm really stuck here

How Please ?

!