tech ? - monitor and 49-way Joy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I searched past group postings and the internet with Google and couldn't
find much info on these 2 subjects.

1. Anyone have any experience with the Happ Controls Vision Pro dual res
25" CGA/EGA monitor? Any good / not so good?

What it sounds like to me is that the dual mode will work for both standard
and medium resolution games with out a lot of work / montior swap. Is that
correct? I currently have a working blitz 2k gold cabinet w/25" neotec mid
res monitor, and want to play games with standard res is why I ask. Any
other suggestions for playing standard res on mid monitor? How hard is it
to swap monitors?

2. The cabinet has 49-way joysticks. Will they work on 8-way games?

Thanks for any info/help,
Brent
1 answer Last reply
More about tech monitor
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    As for #2, no they will not.

    -roy-

    "Rudi" <friction21@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I searched past group postings and the internet with Google and couldn't
    > find much info on these 2 subjects.
    >
    > 1. Anyone have any experience with the Happ Controls Vision Pro dual res
    > 25" CGA/EGA monitor? Any good / not so good?
    >
    > What it sounds like to me is that the dual mode will work for both
    > standard
    > and medium resolution games with out a lot of work / montior swap. Is
    > that
    > correct? I currently have a working blitz 2k gold cabinet w/25" neotec
    > mid
    > res monitor, and want to play games with standard res is why I ask. Any
    > other suggestions for playing standard res on mid monitor? How hard is it
    > to swap monitors?
    >
    > 2. The cabinet has 49-way joysticks. Will they work on 8-way games?
    >
    > Thanks for any info/help,
    > Brent

Games Video Monitors Video Games