I recently got a new Dell computer with windows XP installed on it. The
problem is that I have a Epson Stylus Color 880/880i/8 which includes printer
drivers for Microsoft Windows 95,98,Me, 2000, Windows NT 4.0, and Apple
Macintosh, but not for Microsoft Windows XP. I have been trying to install
this printer as the default printer but this type of printer is not included
on the list of printers to choose from when I go to "Add Printer" in the
control panel. What do I do? Is there a program I need to download from the
microsoft website in order to get my printer to start printing?

Thanks,
Alicia
anormand@cox.net

Hello,
I have the exact same printer on my computer. The driver on the CD will
work with some hassle, even though it does not say Windows XP. I recommend
that you use the Epson web site. The direct link to the driver you need is:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14374&prodoid=11473&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

When you get to the site:
1. Click on "Printer Driver v5.2aAs" then read the information.
2. Click "Download Now"
3. You may type your email address in the box, but you probably dont want
to. Click "No thanks, I prefer not to receive this information."
4. Click "Accept"
5. Wait a few sec. Download should begin when you click "Open" on the next
page. If it does not, follow directions on the page.

If you have any more questions please reply.

Adam