printer not printing

I recently got a new dell computer which included Microsoft Windows XP. The
problem is that I have a Epson Stylus Color 880/880i/8 printer which includes
printer drivers for Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, Windows NT 4.0, and
Apple Macintosh, but not for Windows XP. My printer is not listed when I go
to "add printer" in the control panel. Do I need to go to the Windows
website and download some program in order to use my printer as the default
printer on my computer? Please help!!!!!
Thanks,
Alicia
anormand@cox.net
2 answers Last reply
More about printer printing

    Alicia, go to Epson's site. They always have their own drivers.

    anormand@cox.net wrote:
    > I recently got a new dell computer which included Microsoft Windows XP. The
    > problem is that I have a Epson Stylus Color 880/880i/8 printer which includes
    > printer drivers for Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, Windows NT 4.0, and
    > Apple Macintosh, but not for Windows XP. My printer is not listed when I go
    > to "add printer" in the control panel. Do I need to go to the Windows
    > website and download some program in order to use my printer as the default
    > printer on my computer? Please help!!!!!
    > Thanks,
    > Alicia
    > anormand@cox.net

    http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/epson880.html

    This may help.

    Brian

    "anormand@cox.net" <anormand@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A489AF3C-387B-4834-AFC8-47FCE8F8ADE6@microsoft.com...
    >I recently got a new dell computer which included Microsoft Windows XP.
    >The
    > problem is that I have a Epson Stylus Color 880/880i/8 printer which
    > includes
    > printer drivers for Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, Windows NT 4.0,
    > and
    > Apple Macintosh, but not for Windows XP. My printer is not listed when I
    > go
    > to "add printer" in the control panel. Do I need to go to the Windows
    > website and download some program in order to use my printer as the
    > default
    > printer on my computer? Please help!!!!!
    > Thanks,
    > Alicia
    > anormand@cox.net

Microsoft Printers Windows XP