internal zip drive back up

March 28, 2005 5:25:03 PM

I am trying to install an internal zip drive for backing up information on a
PC. The PC currently has two internal IDE Hard Drives, one CDROM and one DVD
Drive, no SCSI controller and two USB ports. I would like to keep his
existing hardware if possible and keep cost to a minimum. Any help would be
appreciated.

More about : internal zip drive back

March 29, 2005 11:17:32 AM

Kulot wrote:

> I am trying to install an internal zip drive for backing up information on a
> PC. The PC currently has two internal IDE Hard Drives, one CDROM and one DVD
> Drive, no SCSI controller and two USB ports. I would like to keep his
> existing hardware if possible and keep cost to a minimum. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Is the CD or DVD a burner? You will get a bigger bang for the buck
backing up to CD or DVD. If not remove the CD as the DVD reader should
also be able to read CDs and connect the ZIP drive there.

John
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 11:17:33 AM

It's a CD-RW.