Unhappy with HP dv7 purchase -- Need to replace with something better
1. What is your budget? Approx. $1000 - $1500
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" or 17"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Don't know
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? minimally portable
5. How much battery life do you need? will probably have it plugged in most of the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I need very high quality graphics for remote photo capture, editing, and also to record sound (through external audio device)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Don't know. I always seem to have more than I can use, though.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I bought this HP from Costco. Their prices are generally good - and the return policy is great (and I am bringing this one back). But I think their laptop choices may be limited. I'm open, as long as I can return it or get it serviced without too much trouble.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as it does the job
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Would like to write high quality discs eventually. Don't know much about it. Not the most important thing, I don't think. I like the idea of the Bluray potential.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Prior to this current computer I've had Dells for many years. This time I bought the HP dv7 and the graphics are flat and washed out - particularly the reds. I need more vibrant colors. If possible, I would also like the capacity to adjust color balance and contrast more than what this Hp allows.
13. What country do you live in? US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'd like to watch a movie (streaming or DVD) now and then. Other than that I'm looking for a workhorse. I open a lot of pages when I'm doing research (I'm a writer) - I need high quality graphics for the photo use - and I want the speed for the music recording.
Additional Info- I tried to research the information on this site, but it is overwhelming to me. I only know enough to get myself in trouble, I guess. If someone can help me narrow down my options I would really appreciate it. I also could use some advice as to how much of a warranty I should sign on for. If I run into trouble, I'm not that equipped to solve without help. Thank you very much for taking the time to give me your opinion.
Last replyBest Answer
More aboutunhappy purchase replace better
HP Envy 15 has an IPS LCD screen option that might interest you.