multiple copies of .dbx files (some are blue)

morgan

After trying to backup some things, I ended up looking in the Outlook
Express folder under Docs and Settings/MyName etc.
I found in there multiple copies of many of the dbx files and some are blue
and some are, as usual, black.

Example: "outbox.dbx" will be blue and just above it outbox.dbx (1) will be
black.

There are about 10 or 15 .dbx files relating to folders that I now have or
once had but deleted.
The "date modified" is the same on all the blue ones.

i suspect this was as a result of a System Restore event which I don't
remember.

If so, can I delete all of the older files, the blue ones without the (1)
added to the name?

Can I delete the .dbx files that are no longer relevant, ie, those whose
folders have been deleted?

Some of these files are rather large, eventhough I have deleted the contents
of them and rebooted since then.

What's going on here?

Thanks

Morgan

Create a new Identity (File menu,) then use the Import feature to bring in all email you have in use, and then you can remove the
old Identity safely, preserving all mail you are now seeing in your message store.

(While in any Identity) OE, Tools menu, Options, Maintenance Tab, "Store Folder" button, see Change button for path to Identity
files.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509