system administrator

How do I know if my log on has administrative authority?
If it doesnt how do I change it so it does?
--
kurious_j

Hi,

Go to Control Panel - User accounts and make the needed changes there.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

kurious_j wrote:
> How do I know if my log on has administrative authority?
> If it doesnt how do I change it so it does?

User Accounts app in Control panel. If you are not an admin, there is a default account you can use to create another.

To Logon as Default Administrator on Pro Edition, from Welcome screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Twice , type "Administrator" and use a
blank password (on Home edition - boot to Safe mode - F8 on restart , same logon)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"kurious_j" <kuriousj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6DB3CE0-7D61-4E1A-8F35-89598F4593E2@microsoft.com...
> How do I know if my log on has administrative authority?
> If it doesnt how do I change it so it does?
> --
> kurious_j

TRENDING THREADS