Sign in with
Your question

Stuck with 2X AGP video cards?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2003 9:06:38 PM

I currently have a riva tnt 16M card w/ 2X AGP in my computer that I want to upgrade. Can I only get a card that has 2X AGP or will cards like geforce TI 4200 with 4X or 8X still work and just be overkill? The other specs for the system are P3 450, 256M of ram on windows 98.

More about : stuck agp video cards

November 18, 2003 10:06:39 PM

PentiumIII 450Mhz + Ti4200?
I don't think it's a smart choice
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2003 10:56:17 PM

Well, it would be a good step by step upgrade. Upgrade the Video card to GF4ti, and then next upgrade the CPU/system, and then lated upgrade again to a DX9 card at a later date when FX5950/R9800 kind of power is found in the mid to low end cards.

But that's just my opinion.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 18, 2003 11:54:38 PM

What kind of card would you recommend for now so that I can limp thru call of duty until tax return season for a new system? I got it as a gift and was denied when I tried to play it. Believe it or not I play battlefield on line with this system, but just barely. I wouldn't even mind wasting $30 or $40 dollars for now.
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2003 4:22:54 AM

You can use whatever card you like, except for the Radeon 9600 series. The 9600 series are the only gaming cards that don't support AGP2x.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!