Folder Security and backups question

I want to use a software program to password protect a folder in XP Pro. I
would also like to the backup program to be able to backup this folder as
well. In other words, I don't think I want to hide this folder or it's
files from the backup, but I DO want to prevent random persons from seeing
or opening the files in this protected folder.
Can anyone steer me towards a program that does this? Freeware or
Small-CostWare would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

"Brian Hart" <zaphod900@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to use a software program to password protect a folder in XP Pro. I
>would also like to the backup program to be able to backup this folder as
>well. In other words, I don't think I want to hide this folder or it's
>files from the backup, but I DO want to prevent random persons from seeing
>or opening the files in this protected folder.
> Can anyone steer me towards a program that does this? Freeware or
> Small-CostWare would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Brian

How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and
folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308419

--
William