Maya 5 Project

I am looking to build a system for working in Maya 5, but I also want it to play a few games. What types of graphics cards will do me good? Looking at - Nvidia Quadro FX500, Nvidia FX5900, ATI 9800XT, ATI FireGL T2. Will the game based cards do well rendering and will the rendering cards do well with the games?
5 answers Last reply
More about maya project
  1. Quadro FX

Period.

What type of game are u talking about playing though?

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
    120% nVidia Fanboy
    FX5700Ultra, the next Ti4200? seems so
  2. Actually forget about the FX500 it is CRAP! Terrible card for the money.

Your best bet would be to take and FX5900/5800 and Quadro softmod it. Either of those would pummel the FX500. And if you are doing anything else with the card then definitely not the FX500. In Maya 5 the difference between the FX500 and FX3000 isn't as great as in other areas where there is a huge gulf between the FX500 and other cards (including the T2).

Check with Flamethrower IIRC, I think he has a softQuadro.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:
  3. All types, what ever I get my hands on. Right now playing LOTR:ROK, War of The Ring, GTA Vice City, Call of Duty.
  4. then soft modding a FX5900 is your best bet!

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
    120% nVidia Fanboy
    FX5700Ultra, the next Ti4200? seems so
  5. The 5900 non-ultra with a softmod is by FAR the best possible value a Maya user could ever dream of.

------------------
    Radeon 9500 (hardmodded to PRO, o/c to 322/322)
    AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (o/c to 2600+ with 143 fsb)
    3dMark03: 4055
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics