Barcelona 6 months withput manager!

Is it a bug or what?

Rijakaard went to Milan and Barcelona has now been without manager for 6
months!

Is it normal or bug??

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:17:09 +0100, "Baroje"
<baroje_I_HATE_SP@Mnet.hr> wrote:

>Is it a bug or what?
>
>Rijakaard went to Milan and Barcelona has now been without manager for 6
>months!
>
>Is it normal or bug??

After promoting Recreacion (to Spanish Div B) I moved to Twente. I'm 1
and 1/2 season in Twente ans Recreacion are still without a manager.
They only have the ass. mng I had brought in and in the end of last
season they let 12 of their players free.

-Nick

Baroje wrote:

> Is it a bug or what?
> Rijakaard went to Milan and Barcelona has now been without manager for 6
> months!
> Is it normal or bug??

Of course it is a bug. It is mainly because clubs with such high reps cannot find a manager and
asst.man. with high enough rep to take over so they would do without. The AI does not have the
ability to promote from within or even poach a very good coach from other teams. They will poach
asst.man but that is all.

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> Baroje wrote:
>
>> Is it a bug or what?
>> Rijakaard went to Milan and Barcelona has now been without manager
>> for 6 months!
>> Is it normal or bug??
>
> Of course it is a bug. It is mainly because clubs with such high reps
> cannot find a manager and asst.man. with high enough rep to take over
> so they would do without. The AI does not have the ability to promote
> from within or even poach a very good coach from other teams. They
> will poach asst.man but that is all.

They had a very good abilty to pinch my Forest coaches as managers in
CM03/04, though thankfully this has happened yet in FM2005 (though I haven't
too far into the game yet)

--
Michael Murray

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:17:09 +0100, "Baroje"
> <baroje_I_HATE_SP@Mnet.hr> wrote:
>
>> Is it a bug or what?
>>
>> Rijakaard went to Milan and Barcelona has now been without manager
>> for 6 months!
>>
>> Is it normal or bug??
>>

> After promoting Recreacion (to Spanish Div B) I moved to Twente. I'm 1
> and 1/2 season in Twente ans Recreacion are still without a manager.
> They only have the ass. mng I had brought in and in the end of last
> season they let 12 of their players free.
>
> -Nick

Got the same thing in my online game with Rich, I got sacked by West Ham and
a full season later they still haven't appointed anyone.
Wee Gordy is doing a bang up job with them tho :-(

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers

Michael Murray wrote:

> The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> > Of course it is a bug. It is mainly because clubs with such high reps
> > cannot find a manager and asst.man. with high enough rep to take over
> > so they would do without. The AI does not have the ability to promote
> > from within or even poach a very good coach from other teams. They
> > will poach asst.man but that is all.
>
> They had a very good abilty to pinch my Forest coaches as managers in
> CM03/04, though thankfully this has happened yet in FM2005 (though I haven't
> too far into the game yet)

They did? That will be a first for me. In all of the games from CM4 and up, never have I seen
(nor read) about comp. teams appointing coaches as full managers. They should have but didn't,
which is a mixed blessing as regards realism though it saved me from giving new contracts to the
multitude of coaches that I had.

Funny thing because of the non-coach poaching was that comp. teams would get in regen-ed
managers from retired players with physio attribs only due to the latters' super high reps. The
upshot of such appointments was not unsuspected.