Where can I get 'safe' codecs?

March 28, 2005 7:52:42 PM

Can someone tell me where I can get 'safe' codecs?
I've heard a lot of stories about software with codecs that along with
the codecs installs spyware and adware.

Thanks.

OM

More about : safe codecs

March 28, 2005 11:31:35 PM

In news:1112053962.116002.240360@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,
OM <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> had this to say:

> Can someone tell me where I can get 'safe' codecs?
> I've heard a lot of stories about software with codecs that along with
> the codecs installs spyware and adware.
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

I understand that these are safe:

http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

With all things you should scan for malware and research before installing.

Galen
March 29, 2005 8:02:42 PM

erm... looks well dodgy to me!
March 30, 2005 7:29:17 PM

google for K-lite Codec Pack
works for me

On 29 Mar 2005 16:02:42 -0800, "OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote:

>erm... looks well dodgy to me!
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:14:25 PM

Follow this links:

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=49005
http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=49187
http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=2391

--
itrama
itrama's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=2511

OM wrote:
> erm... looks well dodgy to me!

K-Lite Codec Pack is not "dodgy". Very safe and very good.

--
<- Shenan ->