Where can I get 'safe' codecs?

Can someone tell me where I can get 'safe' codecs?
I've heard a lot of stories about software with codecs that along with
the codecs installs spyware and adware.

Thanks.

OM
5 answers Last reply
More about where safe codecs

    In news:1112053962.116002.240360@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,
    OM <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> had this to say:

    > Can someone tell me where I can get 'safe' codecs?
    > I've heard a lot of stories about software with codecs that along with
    > the codecs installs spyware and adware.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > OM

    I understand that these are safe:

    http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

    With all things you should scan for malware and research before installing.

    Galen

    erm... looks well dodgy to me!

    google for K-lite Codec Pack
    works for me

    On 29 Mar 2005 16:02:42 -0800, "OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote:

    >erm... looks well dodgy to me!

    Follow this links:

    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=49005
    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=49187
    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=2391

    --
    itrama
    itrama's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=2511

    OM wrote:
    > erm... looks well dodgy to me!

    K-Lite Codec Pack is not "dodgy". Very safe and very good.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Support Codec Microsoft Spyware Software Windows XP