avi files

Viewing .avi files on Media player 10 and Acdsee 7, I only get sound no
picture. but I can see and hear the file through QuickTime? any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Roger

The file is compressed with a codec and in order to play it correctly you
must have the correct codecs installed.

Download the G-Spot Codec Identifier and it will tell you which codec you
should be looking for.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Windchaser" <rogie@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Viewing .avi files on Media player 10 and Acdsee 7, I only get sound no
> picture. but I can see and hear the file through QuickTime? any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Roger

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:51:55 -0800, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote:

>The file is compressed with a codec and in order to play it correctly you
>must have the correct codecs installed.

How does Quicktime manage?

--
Cheers,