windows Shutdown

I start windows XP home addition the problem is my computer
shutsdown with no reason the program that is runing is
differant each time and it shuts down no logging off
nouthing it just shuts down ? where do I look for what is
causeing this?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows shutdown

    "Michael D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I start windows XP home addition the problem is my computer
    > shutsdown with no reason the program that is runing is
    > differant each time and it shuts down no logging off
    > nouthing it just shuts down ? where do I look for what is
    > causeing this?

    First, open Control Panel/System/Advanced Tab/Start Up and Recovery
    section/Settings Button. In the System Failure area, remove the check mark
    from the "Automatically Restart" option. This will allow the system to show
    the fatal error that is ocurring instead of simply restarting.

    Next, go to Start/Run and type eventvwr and press OK. In the left pane
    of the Event Viewer, select Application and look for any "X" error messages
    whose time coincides with the last time the error ocurred. Double click the
    error to see the details. At the top right side of this details box there is
    an icon that looks like 2 pages of text, click this icon to copy the error
    details and paste the results back here in a reply to this message so that
    we can have a look.

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    "Michael D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I start windows XP home addition the problem is my computer
    > shutsdown with no reason the program that is runing is
    > differant each time and it shuts down no logging off
    > nouthing it just shuts down ? where do I look for what is
    > causeing this?

    This sounds like something is exploiting the lsass vulnerability
    in XP.
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser_printxp.mspx

    To abort the enforced shutdown, click on start -> run then type:
    shutdown -a

    HTH

    --
    Thingy.

    If Michael is experiencing the same thing a number of other have been
    experiencing (since about 3-25-05) then there is no 60 second shutdown cycle,
    no warning, nothing, the system just restarts. Turning off automatic restart
    does not solve this, and there is no BSOD or error message. Is that what is
    happening to you Michael? Look at all the recent posts concerning this issue.
    Something is going on out there!!!

    Wilco

    "Thingy" wrote:

    > "Michael D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I start windows XP home addition the problem is my computer
    > > shutsdown with no reason the program that is runing is
    > > differant each time and it shuts down no logging off
    > > nouthing it just shuts down ? where do I look for what is
    > > causeing this?
    >
    > This sounds like something is exploiting the lsass vulnerability
    > in XP.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser_printxp.mspx
    >
    > To abort the enforced shutdown, click on start -> run then type:
    > shutdown -a
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > Thingy.