Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is the ASUS X53E-RS52 a good laptop?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 21, 2012 10:11:13 PM

I'm thinking about buying the ASUS X53E-RS52 15.6" Laptop with 2nd Gen Intel Core i5-2450M Processor with Turbo Boost 2.0, 6GB DDR3, 750GB HDD can anyone tell me if they're any good?
a c 572 D Laptop
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 21, 2012 11:00:30 PM

Hello Michi Callahan;

It's probably just above average for any $600~$650 notebook.
The 1 year accidental damage warranty is a very nice feature.

Here is a review of a different model ASUS X53E
It should be close enough to get you a good idea about the notebook.
a b D Laptop
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 21, 2012 11:08:11 PM

It would help if you could explain what you plan to do with the latop
Related resources
April 22, 2012 2:48:28 PM

Rockdpm said:
It would help if you could explain what you plan to do with the latop

I'll be using it for college and facebook.
July 31, 2012 10:12:55 PM

Michi Callahan said:
I'm thinking about buying the ASUS X53E-RS52 15.6" Laptop with 2nd Gen Intel Core i5-2450M Processor with Turbo Boost 2.0, 6GB DDR3, 750GB HDD can anyone tell me if they're any good?


Hello. I'm a bit late to the party but was searching for info on this ASUS model and came across your post from earlier this year. As someone else replied, "good" depends on "what for" to a large degree. It also sort depends on "how much?" as well.

I just picked this notebook up for $459 at Sam's Club. Haven't used it yet but if it lives up to its specs (i5, 6 GB, 750 HD, premium sound for a notebook, USB 3.0, etc.), for the price I have to think "Yes, it's good." At least I hope so!

HTH

____________________
database application development using Visual FoxPro, Visual Studio .NET and SQL Server
http://www.jcn-associates.com
August 1, 2012 7:39:25 PM

jcnassoc said:
Hello. I'm a bit late to the party but was searching for info on this ASUS model and came across your post from earlier this year. As someone else replied, "good" depends on "what for" to a large degree. It also sort depends on "how much?" as well.

I just picked this notebook up for $459 at Sam's Club. Haven't used it yet but if it lives up to its specs (i5, 6 GB, 750 HD, premium sound for a notebook, USB 3.0, etc.), for the price I have to think "Yes, it's good." At least I hope so!

HTH

____________________
database application development using Visual FoxPro, Visual Studio .NET and SQL Server
http://www.jcn-associates.com


Tell me which Sam's has this for $459, my local Sam's is priced at $499.
CRE
August 1, 2012 10:22:29 PM

cre said:
Tell me which Sam's has this for $459, my local Sam's is priced at $499.
CRE


Hi CRE -

Sorry, I should have provided more details. It was on sale (sale ended 07-31-2012). As you say, it's listed at $499, but had $50 off so I got it for $459. Haven't used it much yet, but so far seems quite peppy so I am hoping it will serve me well for what I do for years. I mostly develop Visual FoxPro and Visual Studio .NET database applications.

HTH
_____
Database application development using Visual FoxPro, Visual Studio .NET and SQL Server
http://www.jcn-associates.com
August 21, 2012 9:20:05 PM

jcnassoc said:
Hello. I'm a bit late to the party but was searching for info on this ASUS model and came across your post from earlier this year. As someone else replied, "good" depends on "what for" to a large degree. It also sort depends on "how much?" as well.

I just picked this notebook up for $459 at Sam's Club. Haven't used it yet but if it lives up to its specs (i5, 6 GB, 750 HD, premium sound for a notebook, USB 3.0, etc.), for the price I have to think "Yes, it's good." At least I hope so!

HTH

____________________
database application development using Visual FoxPro, Visual Studio .NET and SQL Server
http://www.jcn-associates.com


I'm looking at the very same laptop. Does it have Bluetooth?
August 22, 2012 11:57:13 AM

LilaJan said:
I'm looking at the very same laptop. Does it have Bluetooth?


Hi LilaJan,

You know, I checked for that myself a few weeks ago and I think it might not (at least I didn't find anything to lead me to believe it did have Bluetooth). If anyone finds differently I'd appreciate a reply here.

Overall a great machine so far, especially for the price!

______________________
http://www.jcn-associates.com
Visual FoxPro, Visual Studio .NET and SQL Server database application development

!