Quick Golden Tee Fore 2005 question

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Though it might seem like a newbie question, I wouldn't consider myself one
as I have about half a dozen machines that I have put together from parts,
but here goes...

Now that GT live is out and the Fore machines have come down a ton in price
I am going to get a 2005 kit. I have a couple silly questions. Every ebay
ad I've seen says that you can plug it right into an existing Jamma setup,
but it also has a power supply. Does this mean that the board doesn't pull
from the jamma connections, or do you replace the existing power supply? I
ask because it looks like there are cables that plug the power supply
directly to the board.

The second stupid question is about video. I know that this is not a
standard resolution game, but you can use a common monitor at a lower
resolution if you change a dip switch setting. I want to build a stand
alone console and use video from a projector. There is a cable from the
video card to the motherboard. Is this a VGA connection, and if so, what is
the resolution and could you use this with a regular VGA monitor (which
would make it easy to hook to a projector.)

Thanks!

Please let me know at mjbok@yahoo.com

Also if anyone has 2005 GT Fore Extra kits they want to get rid of, let me
know.

Matt

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Need to use the computer grade power supply cause of the hard drive, yes the
two connectors plug onto the board for power, do not power up with a
switcher through jama connector, won't hurt it but won't have enough juice.
You can flip dip 1 I think for reg res monitor looks okay, totally playable
but if you need the details then go med res. I don't know about the video
output for a projector.

Trin
"Joe Toro" <1@2.3> wrote in message
> Though it might seem like a newbie question, I wouldn't consider myself
> one as I have about half a dozen machines that I have put together from
> parts, but here goes...
>
> Now that GT live is out and the Fore machines have come down a ton in
> price I am going to get a 2005 kit. I have a couple silly questions.
> Every ebay ad I've seen says that you can plug it right into an existing
> Jamma setup, but it also has a power supply. Does this mean that the
> board doesn't pull from the jamma connections, or do you replace the
> existing power supply? I ask because it looks like there are cables that
> plug the power supply directly to the board.
>
> The second stupid question is about video. I know that this is not a
> standard resolution game, but you can use a common monitor at a lower
> resolution if you change a dip switch setting. I want to build a stand
> alone console and use video from a projector. There is a cable from the
> video card to the motherboard. Is this a VGA connection, and if so, what
> is the resolution and could you use this with a regular VGA monitor (which
> would make it easy to hook to a projector.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Please let me know at mjbok@yahoo.com
>
> Also if anyone has 2005 GT Fore Extra kits they want to get rid of, let me
> know.
>
> Matt

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Hey Joe,
Besides the jamma cable, you need to buy the CABLE ASSEMBLY, POWER
BYPASS
Here ids the link where you can buy it:
http://gatorcade.com/itsparts.html

Pedro