  • Outlook Express
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
March 29, 2005 5:23:44 AM

I have a new computer. My old puter has ME on it and Outlook Express
6.0 How can I get old messages to the new computer. I have a CD
burner for Exporting to but where are the mail boxes.

Thanks for a reply

More about : outlook express mail computer

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 5:23:45 AM

I am wondering why one day I had outlook on my computer, the next day for
some reason it was gone, how can I get it back

"El Cugino" wrote:

> I have a new computer. My old puter has ME on it and Outlook Express
> 6.0 How can I get old messages to the new computer. I have a CD
> burner for Exporting to but where are the mail boxes.
>
> Thanks for a reply

March 29, 2005 5:44:54 AM

El Cugino wrote:
> I have a new computer. My old puter has ME on it and Outlook Express
> 6.0 How can I get old messages to the new computer. I have a CD
> burner for Exporting to but where are the mail boxes.
>
> Thanks for a reply

to save your existing messages, use explorer and go to the OE store
directory. usually My Documents & Settings/username/local
settings/application data/identies/{uniqueid )/microsoft/outlook

copy the outlook folder from here as it contaons all the dbx files which
contain mail.

next you will need to locate the Windows address book it is stored in
the adress book folder for your ID as above and is called WAB.

save these to your hard drive and then burn them to CD or save to flash
drive or whatever.

Put them in to a new folder some where on your new system and open OE
and setup your mail account, then import them from the folder you made.

you have 2 options import mail or import settings do settings first then
mail, this way any folder which you had will be recreated.

hope that helps
March 29, 2005 5:44:55 AM

Have a look here..
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/